Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

I wasn’t an only child, nor was I the oldest,  it was kill or be killed at meal times. All my mother taught me was better luck next time 

Admit it, you were the Horace Broon of the Heed family! :P

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Wonder how many of the folk arguing in favour of one person, one dish also haggle their share of the bill on a night out because their pint was 5p cheaper than Davie's?

No, I always round up the cost of mine.

What do the sharers say when the group are ordering korma or shite like chicken fried rice...

"but no veg. I don't like veg, do you like veg, is that spicy, I don't know, don't get me anything, mebbe I could get a wee bit of yours, whit's chaat?...."

I'll have South Indian Garlic Lamb, let me know when it comes!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

7 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Has anyone contacted the good ladies at Mumsnet to ask for the definitive answer to this etiquette question ??

I have and they suggested a boot in the pie 

So much for the sisterhood, eh?!

What do the sharers say when the group are ordering korma or shite like chicken fried rice...
"but no veg. I don't like veg, do you like veg, is that spicy, I don't know, don't get me anything, mebbe I could get a wee bit of yours, whit's chaat?...."

You would be sat in a seperate, darkened room anyway. With chips. Lots and lots of chips

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This approach is fine. If you order something no-one else will want, you won't need to share.

If you're daft enough to order a popular dish in a group setting, you're taking a massive risk.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This approach is fine. If you order something no-one else will want, you won't need to share.

If you're daft enough to order a popular dish in a group setting, you're taking a massive risk.

Only if you’re in a group of c***s. 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Now we see your true colours. At least I don't kid on I share.

You order stuff no-one likes to make sure you get more.

I'm looking forward to Throbber's next post when he says he's traumatised after the MIL's partner got pished and announced that he's a long undefeated champion of soggy biscuit and challenges Throbber to a toss-off.

Meanwhile the MIL is in the kitchen mashing all the ingredients of tonight's dinner in to a communal trough and Throbbette is insisting it's all just harmless fun and he should just man up.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Stunning lack of comprehension from a wide range of posters here, and without doubt the most disappointing one is Ruggy, who is normally a man of impeccable taste and etiquette. 

If I’m going out for a meal, I’m ordering what I want to eat. Not what I think other people might want to eat and hope for the best that they all order something I want too. If you want that sort of stuff, the shitehole buffet king type places are where to go. 

Just now, Rugster said:

If I’m going out for a meal, I’m ordering what I want to eat. Not what I think other people might want to eat and hope for the best that they all order something I want too. If you want that sort of stuff, the shitehole buffet king type places are where to go. 

Isnt all of this talk for takeaways? I have never heard of shared meals in restaurants. I dont think anyone is talking about that? This all stemmed from throbbers takeaway tantrum

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Isnt all of this talk for takeaways? I have never heard of shared meals in restaurants. I dont think anyone is talking about that? This all stemmed from throbbers takeaway tantrum

I’m maybe missing the point here because you and I usually agree especially en la cocina. 

C82D067C-E807-4F66-A487-EE9CC0A8C8CE.gif.1affc4701c1b70bd11a9657b8478bce0.gif

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I know people who do. That's why the whole thing drives me mad. Offering "wee bits", just eat your fucking dinner!

If we are ordering an Indian I will have South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken. Either as a curry with rice  or sometimes in a calzone.

If, upon hearing me place my order, you wish to eat a bit of that then order one yourself. I'm not interested in dishing a bit out to get a bit of your pishy korma in return.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If we are ordering an Indian I will have South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken. Either as a curry with rice  or sometimes in a calzone.

If, upon hearing me place my order, you wish to eat a bit of that then order one yourself. I'm not interested in dishing a bit out to get a bit of your pishy korma in return.

That is my go to for an Indian but my god I’ve never had it as a calzone and it’s now my aim in life.