Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Don't worry, you're not the only soft, easily pressed out of shape thing in here tonight. 

I am intrigued as to who this long supressed sleeper account belongs to, pretty random,I have high hopes for tomorrow.

Edited by Perkin Flump

Adverts soundtracked by wistful acoustic versions of classic songs, many of which are really badly suited to wistful acoustic renditions. Right now I'm particularly plagued by Born to be Wild and 500 Miles. c***s.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I'm not aiming for anything. I'm just saying it's pretty dickish behaviour to tie your dogs up in a place where it's impossible to avoid them and then act the c**t when someone asks you to move them. Whether that's for not liking dogs or because they're scared of them is irrelevant really.

I've never seen a dog tied outside a shop in a way that prevents folk getting past.  So there's people who avoid a shoo if they see a dog ties tied outside? What if it wasn't there when they went into the shop and it is then tied up when the they leave?  I have never seen any issue arise from a dug tied up a shop sort from the constant barkers.  

2 minutes ago, HooseLee said:

I've never seen a dog tied outside a shop in a way that prevents folk getting past.  So there's people who avoid a shoo if they see a dog ties tied outside? What if it wasn't there when they went into the shop and it is then tied up when the they leave?  I have never seen any issue arise from a dug tied up a shop sort from the constant barkers.  

Did you read my original post? I didn't say "impossible to get past". I said "impossible to avoid". Yes, a person could have gotten past them, but not without going close to them. That's what the girl was upset about.

The kids were already in the shop when I went in. The bloke with the dogs arrived after they and I were in the shop.

I *really* don't see what's so hard about this for folk to understand. Is the whole concept of people not liking / being scared of dogs so alien? Is the whole concept of people tying their dogs up right outside the front door of a shop so unheard of? Surely it's not too hard to realise that if a dog is tied up within a few feet of a shop door it's impossible to leave said shop without going very close to said dog?

Just now, Gaz said:

I *really* don't see what's so hard about this for folk to understand. Is the whole concept of people not liking / being scared of dogs so alien? Is the whole concept of people tying their dogs up right outside the front door of a shop so unheard of? Surely it's not too hard to realise that if a dog is tied up within a few feet of a shop door it's impossible to leave said shop without going very close to said dog?

So what's your solution?  Nae digs inside and outside shops?  That would mean you could never take your dog with you if you were just popping round to the shop without a car.  Dogs love a stroll to the shops.  They've been here longer than shops... 

Just now, HooseLee said:

So what's your solution?  Nae digs inside and outside shops?  That would mean you could never take your dog with you if you were just popping round to the shop without a car.  Dogs love a stroll to the shops.  They've been here longer than shops... 

I wouldn't tie mine *right outside* the front door of a shop in the first place. There are numerous lamposts, drainpipes etc. around the area that are well away from everyone.

I've got two dogs myself and somehow I'm able to allow them to live their lives without assuming that everyone else loves them and wants to be close to them too.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

I wouldn't tie mine *right outside* the front door of a shop in the first place. There are numerous lamposts, drainpipes etc. around the area that are well away from everyone.

I've got two dogs myself and somehow I'm able to allow them to live their lives without assuming that everyone else loves them and wants to be close to them too.

That's what nearly everybody does.  I've never had to step over or body swerve a dog outside a shop.  Maybe you just have shite folk were you live. 

1 minute ago, HooseLee said:

That's what nearly everybody does.  I've never had to step over or body swerve a dog outside a shop.  Maybe you just have shite folk were you live. 

I think you've spectacularly missed my point.

If you read my original post - again - it wasn't so much the fact that the dugs were right outside the shop - it's that the guy acted like a total c**t when I asked him if he could move his dogs because the wee lassie was scared of them, and couldn't get out the shop as it stood without walking very, very close to them.

That was in my original post before yon Alli fella started going on about folk being scared of bollards and pish like that.

Edited by Gaz

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Yes, you're 'able to allow' your dog to live it's life by tying it up where you see fit whilst going about doing your shopping so you're not offending random strangers. 

Maybe if folk tied their screaming bairns up outside shops my dogs life would be easier.