Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Do you complain about the bollards being "impossible to get past" or is this 'couple of feet' sufficient enough space for a boy and girl to leave the shop without being terrieiced? 

No, I don't and wouldn't tie my dog outside a shop and leave it there but that's more out of fear of somebody stealing him. If I was standing there with him and two folk come out of the shop 'terrified', I'd smile politely. If you come out the shop requesting me to move as they were scared I'd politely decline. If you further pressed, you'd be told in no uncertain terms to f**k off. 

It's not my, nor this other guys problem that folk are scared of a dog doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Oh my :lol:

Given that I can predict with a fair degree of reasonable certainty that bollards aren't going to jump up at me, bite me, slobber all over me etc. I don't think many folk complain about bollards being impossible to get past. Are you really comparing two inanimate plastic / metal objects with two unpredictable animals?

Also, just so I've got this straight:

If you were standing with your dugs and someone was scared of them and asked you to move, your response would be to decline and then tell them to f**k off? It wouldn't even occur to you just a bit to move away?

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Oh my :lol:

Given that I can predict with a fair degree of reasonable certainty that bollards aren't going to jump up at me, bite me, slobber all over me etc. I don't think many folk complain about bollards being impossible to get past. Are you really comparing two inanimate plastic / metal objects with two unpredictable animals?

Oh, so now it's you being bitten, jumped on and slobbered all over? 

Beginning to make sense now. It's OK Gaz, the doggies won't hurt you. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Do you complain about the bollards being "impossible to get past" or is this 'couple of feet' sufficient enough space for a boy and girl to leave the shop without being terrieiced? 

No, I don't and wouldn't tie my dog outside a shop and leave it there but that's more out of fear of somebody stealing him. If I was standing there with him and two folk come out of the shop 'terrified', I'd smile politely. If you come out the shop requesting me to move as they were scared I'd politely decline. If you further pressed, you'd be told in no uncertain terms to f**k off. 

It's not my, nor this other guys problem that folk are scared of a dog doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Do you know if the child has been bitten by a dog before or had a bad experience with one before?

Just now, Gaz said:

Also, just so I've got this straight:

If you were standing with your dugs and someone was scared of them and asked you to move, your response would be to decline and then tell them to f**k off? It wouldn't even occur to you just a bit to move away?

My response would be to refuse, yes. If you continued to pester both myself and my dog rather than just go on with your day then yes, you'd be told in no uncertain terms to f**k off. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Oh, so now it's you being bitten, jumped on and slobbered all over? 

Beginning to make sense now. It's OK Gaz, the doggies won't hurt you. 

Wait, what?! :lol:

You're all over the place here. I'm not scared of dogs in the slightest - I've got two of my own. Somehow I'm able to take them out and keep them away from other people / dogs.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

Do you know if the child has been bitten by a dog before or had a bad experience with one before?

If people have bad experiences at work, school or social gatherings - do you tell them to avoid those situations for the rest of their life and just live in fear? 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

My response would be to refuse, yes. If you continued to pester both myself and my dog rather than just go on with your day then yes, you'd be told in no uncertain terms to f**k off. 

Why?

If someone was scared of your dogs, why would your automatic response to be to allow your dogs to keep scaring them rather than walk six feet away?

Just now, Gaz said:

Why?

If someone was scared of your dogs, why would your automatic response to be to allow your dogs to keep scaring them rather than walk six feet away?

Why should I move six feet away from someone walking towards my calm, relaxed dog? :lol:

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Why should I move six feet away from someone walking towards my calm, relaxed dog? :lol:

I think that's pretty sad, to be honest. A complete "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

they are children

I mentioned school for that exact reason.

Just now, Gaz said:

I think that's pretty sad, to be honest. A complete "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

I'm fine with that. :)

12 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I mentioned school for that exact reason.

I'm fine with that. :)

Imagine being so devoid of empathy that you'd literally make a young kid walk past an animal they're blatantly scared of rather than going through the *massive* inconvenience of walking a few feet away.

Just now, Gaz said:

Imagine being so devoid of empathy that you'd literally make a young kid walk past an animal they're blatantly scared of rather than going through the *massive* inconvenience of walking a few feet away.

It'll serve them better in life rather than being expectant of people to pander to them. :)