Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

This was in Fife. Nothing is out of the ordinary.

I was staying at my parents this time of year a few years back and me and the Mrs wanted to settle down to watch a film but our parents chickens were still wandering around the garden at around 8 pm so we decided to go out and get them back into their pen and it certainly was anything but easy. Little did we know that had we just left them alone they would have gone to their beds when the sun went down. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

In Rocky they make chasing chickens look difficult. I had to catch one yesterday for a lady and it was a piece of piss. My arms are pretty much simian though so maybe it was easier for me than for Stallone.

You're much more intelligent than a chicken.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're much more intelligent than a chicken.

I know which branch of the Civil Service you work in - the Diplomatic Corps, isn't it?

In Rocky they make chasing chickens look difficult. I had to catch one yesterday for a lady and it was a piece of piss. My arms are pretty much simian though so maybe it was easier for me than for Stallone.
They call him chicken chaser they do

People who played fable on xbox will understand, people who haven't won't

16 hours ago, Shotgun said:

People who think they've uncovered some kind of serious fraud when they learn that film-making involves a certain level of pretend. I was talking to a guy in a fly-fishing shop yesterday and made some comment about "A River Runs Through It." In a voice dripping with contempt, he told me that Brad Pitt wasn't really doing those artistic casts. No, he got a local to do it. It was all fake." 

See also: People who get upset when actors are cast to play characters of a different nationality. "Bridget Jones is supposed to be English."

Worse is comic book movies when folk are screaming about how actors should look a certain way, have certain colour of hair etc. Even more extreme is the costumes. Some folk go absolutely mental about them and say that they should look a certain way. Death threats have been sent over it.

Book adaptations can be just as bad when characters don't look exactly like them did in writing as they do on film.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I once picked up what I thought was a chicken and mayo sandwich in a rush one morning only to find that it was actually labelled as a mayo FREE dressing. I was incandescent with rage. Why would you label it as being a mayo free dressing? There are literally thousands of ingredients you haven't used, why is it only pertinent to inform me of the mayo's exclusion? Never been back to M&S for a sandwich.

Good. Mayonnaise is a hideous disgrace.

42 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You're a hideous disgrace

Still better than mayonnaise.

35 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Mayonnaise is acceptable on sandwiches when ye don't want dry bread but ye've ran out of butter. Anything more than that then yer just covering up the taste of the sandwich itself.

Salad cream is far superior

Salad cream is probably worse than mayonnaise. An utter insult to the universe.

Mayonaise overtook tomato sauce as the UK's best selling condiment in 2017 and I don't think it's been beaten since.

Salad cream is god tier though.

The more you know.

I once picked up what I thought was a chicken and mayo sandwich in a rush one morning only to find that it was actually labelled as a mayo FREE dressing. I was incandescent with rage. Why would you label it as being a mayo free dressing? There are literally thousands of ingredients you haven't used, why is it only pertinent to inform me of the mayo's exclusion? Never been back to M&S for a sandwich.
So it was sold as a chicken and mayo sandwich but with no mayo? Surely you'd just sell it as a plain chicken sandwich.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

On a similar note, people who believe in hypnotism. There's no fucking way you can make someone "sleep" before being able to make them do what you want, or you'd have c***s shagging like mad way above their station all over the place.

I have to defend hypnotism here. I have done hypnosis to help me with certain stuff and the result was fucking incredible. I don’t know if it works for everyone but it certainly has for me.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you choke the chicken in front of the lady? 

Spoiler

frankie.jpg.c1bb4dc345f51a99a81ceda5426e18f4.jpg

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

So it was sold as a chicken and mayo sandwich but with no mayo? Surely you'd just sell it as a plain chicken sandwich.

It was labelled as "Chicken with Mayo..." and underneath that it said "...free dressing". I only read as far as chicken with mayo as I was in a hurry and it hadn't ever occurred to me that something might be labelled as mayo free.

2 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I have to defend hypnotism here. I have done hypnosis to help me with certain stuff and the result was fucking incredible. I don’t know if it works for everyone but it certainly has for me.

So you finally managed to cancel that standing order for FoH ?