Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 12/07/2020 at 14:25, Shotgun said:

Apropos of nothing in particular; I was an usher at a mate's wedding years back and spent most of the day making overtures to a very widdable bridesmaid, which I thought, were being enthusiastically returned. Only to have her boyfriend turn up for the evening do and spend most of the night with his arm firmly around her. She hadn't mentioned anything about him and I still wonder if she was hedging her bets in case he didn't show.

There should be some kind of rule that says women can only select bridesmaids from their single friends. If they don't have any, they should hire some from an agency. 

I was at a wedding a few months ago where the bridesmaids bloke had his arm her the entire day and never once left her side constantly kissing her.  Never once spoke to anyone but her, was amusing to watch.  

She loved it and thinks it shows how much he cares and wants to protect her........wierdos 

Edited by red23

1 hour ago, Tony Ferrino said:

These drinks breaks in football should involve everyone having a nice cup of tea.

38 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

And a slice of cake.

FTFY.

Worzel.jpg

Edited by GordonD

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Self service areas that are card only and once you’ve finished your shopping it says “select payment type” well it’s card only so I’ll go for card please.

...and that display a WARNING CARD ONLY message at the start, and makes you answer 'do you wish to continue?' on a system that's so slow that you have to hit the same part of the screen half a dozen times before it acknowledges your input.

That might just be the Asda I go to, right enough.

Edit: ooh, and the ones that say, "how would you like to pay?" when you get to the end, as though you're just dying to give them your money. I'd like to not pay at all, thanks, especially at the exorbitant prices that you're charging for everything now.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

14 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

...and that display a WARNING CARD ONLY message at the start, and makes you answer 'do you wish to continue?' on a system that's so slow that you have to hit the same part of the screen half a dozen times before it acknowledges your input.

That might just be the Asda I go to, right enough.

Edit: ooh, and the ones that say, "how would you like to pay?" when you get to the end, as though you're just dying to give them your money. I'd like to not pay at all, thanks, especially at the exorbitant prices that you're charging for everything now.

Aye it’s Asda I was at. Pain in the arse.

I got my kids to enter a 'design a superhero' house, run by dundee college and some architect firm.

They put a lot of time into it, and the only input i had was to remind them to concentrate, and every now and then come up with a 'are your sure you want to do that' type comment.

I've just seen the competition winners and there's no fucking way they've been done by kids in primary 1-3. I'm seething.

How much of a tool do you have to be to help your kids win a fucking competition?

Anyway, i know i look like a petty b*****d but i genuinely don't mind that they didn't win. Just raging that some parents would have the brass neck to do this.

If i was a primary teacher I'd be issuing some serious telts for any parents who tried this shite.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I got my kids to enter a 'design a superhero' house, run by dundee college and some architect firm.

They put a lot of time into it, and the only input i had was to remind them to concentrate, and every now and then come up with a 'are your sure you want to do that' type comment.

I've just seen the competition winners and there's no fucking way they've been done by kids in primary 1-3. I'm seething.

How much of a tool do you have to be to help your kids win a fucking competition?

Anyway, i know i look like a petty b*****d but i genuinely don't mind that they didn't win. Just raging that some parents would have the brass neck to do this.

If i was a primary teacher I'd be issuing some serious telts for any parents who tried this shite.

There are some who do it constantly. Even on Zoom lessons it was obvious to see the child look just off screen before giving the answer to a verbal question. Comes from a loving place but they don't see how detrimental it is. I have had to ask them to refrain during parents meetings. 

There are some who do it constantly. Even on Zoom lessons it was obvious to see the child look just off screen before giving the answer to a verbal question. Comes from a loving place but they don't see how detrimental it is. I have had to ask them to refrain during parents meetings. 
I'd be booting pies on a regular basis.

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'd be booting pies on a regular basis.

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

Nah, I reckon your input was more along the lines of below. And you're just raging the wee one's did a better job.

b0a40c6bcb0b6ec863ee45d272d7357a.jpeg

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

When my wee yin was about 6 she won third prize in the local photographic society 'take a pic of your pet' competition for under 8s.  When we pitched up and saw the exhibits the only reason she was placed was that there were only 3 entrants.  BUT quite clearly the two above her has been taken on top-quality cameras with macro lenses with more than a little parental input.  Hers, otoh, was very much a photo of a wee lassie taking a pic of her guinea pig using my Blackberry.

There are no lengths that some parents will go to...

Edited by The_Kincardine

In my last year at primary school we boys were assigned to "Make something from wood", with the efforts to be judged and a prize given. We were told about it at the end of the school day and it was due the following morning. I made sawdust and didn't win.

That honour went to a very professionally made Henry Moore-esque piece of sculpture, beautifully polished, varnished and mounted via a brass dowel, on an engineered plinth. 3 lads claimed to have made it with their own hands. Two close pals and the class bully. Not only did the bully live at the opposite end of town, he'd never shown any aptitude for crafts, or even a friendship with the first two. Despite it quite obviously having been lifted off one of the parents' sideboard, the teachers went absolutely nuts over it; praising the craftsmanship and ingenuity especially as they'd created it on such short notice.

The rest of us were incredulous that they couldn't see past this quite obvious fraud - it wasn't like these lads were teachers' pets or anything. But, we were castigated for being jealous. It was all very odd. 

12 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Self service areas that are card only and once you’ve finished your shopping it says “select payment type” well it’s card only so I’ll go for card please.

...and that ask you at the start how many of the store's bags you need, then at the end ask you how many of the store's bags you need.