Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I went to the Olympics football at Hampden, Old Trafford, St James Park and Coventry. They covered up a lot of the Stadia to hide club advertising for products that were not IOC approved. I remember seeing in the Old Trafford bogs that they had even covered up the name of the pipe manufacturers!

"Shanks Barrhead - The Official Piss-House of the 2012 Olympics."

I remember I quite fancied going to the Olympic football at Hampden, but when I looked into the ticketing they were only accepting Visa (the official credit card partner of London 2012 ©) and I only was using a Mastercard at that point. I thought f**k taking out a new card for one purchase so I patched it .

Bit of a shame as I'm only a few stops away from Mount Florida which is obviously the official railway station partner of going to Hampden ©

12 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Fun fact: A number of people think, erroneously that they've qualified for the Mile High Club after doing the deed in Denver. Unfortunately, the requirement is that you need to be a mile from the ground, not sea level. My personal best is a little under 2.5 miles but even so, that was on the ground. Well, apart from a brief period at the end at least.

Naked Video sketch- neds on a plane to Majorca.

Andy Gray comes out of the plane toilet

Gray (proudly) "I've just joined the mile high club!"

Gregor Fisher: "But you were in there on your own.." (realises) "aw, ya dirty b*****d!"

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Naked Video sketch- neds on a plane to Majorca.

Andy Gray comes out of the plane toilet

Gray (proudly) "I've just joined the mile high club!"

Gregor Fisher: "But you were in there on your own.." (realises) "aw, ya dirty b*****d!"

Either your memory's going or Chewin the Fat ripped this off almost word for word

32 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Either your memory's going or Chewin the Fat ripped this off almost word for word

They must have ripped it off because I remember it from Naked Video years before Chewin the Fat 

Dundee Utd reportedly bidding 6 figures for Kevin Nisbet, paying 6 figures for the Mellon man and then going out with the begging bowl asking for other clubs to help with their legal costs is worse than Grimbo fucking off on a cruise with his donations IMO. 

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Dundee Utd reportedly bidding 6 figures for Kevin Nisbet, paying 6 figures for the Mellon man and then going out with the begging bowl asking for other clubs to help with their legal costs is worse than Grimbo fucking off on a cruise with his donations IMO. 

See also Cove Rangers asking clubs like Albion Rovers as well.

The Lino Lickers are skint and Turnbull Hutton was a dude so they're ok to bung a quid to.

The phrase 'begging bowl'.

Seems to be the go to for many at the moment on here by the types who love a good sneer. A little bit of originality wouldn't go amiss. Weird how quickly it became so assimilated.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

The phrase 'begging bowl'.

Seems to be the go to for many at the moment on here by the types who love a good sneer. A little bit of originality wouldn't go amiss. Weird how quickly it became so assimilated.

Wat.

It's a common turn of phrase that has been about for years due to it being a perfect metaphor for what it is referring to. 

What figure of speech would you recommend to seem more original?