Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People i know, wanting to tell me stuff about people that i have never met or are like likely to meet, just because they have gossip and have to tell someone one.

Really wish i was one of those people who could just turn and say “i do not give a f**k” instead of standing there nodding and saying “mmmm” trying to sound like i am actually listening to this inane pish.

7 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

when they 'orient' things instead of 'orientate' them - said things then having been 'oriented' rather than 'orientated'

the utter c***s

They should be banned from taking unless they pass a strict pronunciation test.

8 hours ago, buchan30 said:

People i know, wanting to tell me stuff about people that i have never met or are like likely to meet, just because they have gossip and have to tell someone one.

Really wish i was one of those people who could just turn and say “i do not give a f**k” instead of standing there nodding and saying “mmmm” trying to sound like i am actually listening to this inane pish.

After reading something recently about someone complaining about people's attitudes online and the amount of trolling, I theorised that people are probably just glad to be able to react the way they would love to IRL but the majority of folk are too civilised and polite to say it like it is face to face.

It would make for a better world if people were brutally honest with each other IMO.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They should be banned from taking unless they pass a strict pronunciation test.

Maybe you should be banned from posting unless you pass a strict spelling test...

59 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I dunno have you ever met a Dutch person

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have but I believe the South Africans are similar in their 'abruptness' which isn't much of a stretch considering they're descended from the Dutch.

My wife has a couple of South African clients who she initially thought were rude as f**k but now she's got to know them and understands how they interact with people, she quite likes their no bullshit style and has grown to like them.

My accountant is South African but it's strictly business so no idea what she's like. The fact that I struggle to understand WTF she's saying doesn't help, I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have but I believe the South Africans are similar in their 'abruptness' which isn't much of a stretch considering they're descended from the Dutch.

My wife has a couple of South African clients who she initially thought were rude as f**k but now she's got to know them and understands how they interact with people, she quite likes their no bullshit style and has grown to like them.

My accountant is South African but it's strictly business so no idea what she's like. The fact that I struggle to understand WTF she's saying doesn't help, I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think it's because Dutch folk live in a flat country so everything's just a direct straight line to get to so they don't understand the need for coyness. It doesn't suit us because we need to navigate a hilly landscape and we need twists and turns in our language as a result.

BraveIckyBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Craig Whyte now wondering why he didn't think of that excuse.

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The One Show was on in the background earlier, and there was a feature about Italia 90. It finished with a montage of various players, it annoys me far more than it probably should that the clip of Marco van Basten they used was after he had scored his remarkable volley in the final of Euro 88, rather than being from 1990.

moderate seethe absolutely the correct response here - just goes to show how untrustworthy the media are

Trying to have a nice Saturday lie in. Doorbell goes. Thinking it's a delivery I rush downstairs. It's a builder touting for quotes. The same builder I told a couple of months ago I wasn't interested.

He got told to bugger off this time. 

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

The One Show was on in the background earlier, and there was a feature about Italia 90. It finished with a montage of various players, it annoys me far more than it probably should that the clip of Marco van Basten they used was after he had scored his remarkable volley in the final of Euro 88, rather than being from 1990.

To be fair, the only Dutch clips they could have used from the 1990 World Cup would've involved physical assault.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

To be fair, the only Dutch clips they could have used from the 1990 World Cup would've involved physical assault.

I liked Frank Rijkaard but Rudi Voeller thought he was a gobby b*****d