Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Electronic devices that use a transformer with a proprietary connector unique to that device.

Also, manufacturers of electronic devices who refuse to sell replacement proprietary transformers that are unique to their products.

Spoiler

This is not a reference to sex toys.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Electronic devices that use a transformer with a proprietary connector unique to that device.

Also, manufacturers of electronic devices who refuse to sell replacement proprietary transformers that are unique to their products.

Hide contents

This is not a reference to sex toys.

Try cybertron

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

Try cybertron

That's just made me realise there's probably a Japanese anime about transforming sex toys  :mellow:

Not your fault; I blame myself.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

How about a film where a man transforms into a sex toy? 

773418463_tenor(1).gif.847c6266ff8fa2b3201094a61fd36903.gif

What worries me is not the fact that you were able to find this but that you knew there was something to search for in the first place.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Any good?

It's the cinematic equivalent of nails down a chalkboard. Glad I didn't see it in the cinema; you'd surely come out with a headache. Like being pulverised with broken glass.

So, yeah, I was impressed, but wouldn't recommend it.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It's the cinematic equivalent of nails down a chalkboard. Glad I didn't see it in the cinema; you'd surely come out with a headache. Like being pulverised with broken glass.

So, yeah, I was impressed, but wouldn't recommend it.

I'll probably give it a swerve then. 

Just about to start a Zoom meeting in which a Westminter govt minister is present and they're going down the route of one person holding on to the slides whilst everyone has to use the old "Next Slide Please" schtick.

Is this the future?

4 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just about to start a Zoom meeting in which a Westminter govt minister is present and they're going down the route of one person holding on to the slides whilst everyone has to use the old "Next Slide Please" schtick.

Is this the future?

No, that's luddite pish.

They don't know how to use the (straightforward) technology. Just share the screen and fire up a Powerpoint.

No, that's luddite pish.
They don't know how to use the (straightforward) technology. Just share the screen and fire up a Powerpoint.
Or share the PowerPoint and skip the meeting altogether...

6 minutes ago, weirdcal said:
18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
No, that's luddite pish.

Or share the PowerPoint and skip the meeting altogether...

Presumably they'll need to narrate it, although they could have recorded that in advance.

Presumably they'll need to narrate it, although they could have recorded that in advance.
Ah yes, nothing more time consuming and infuriating. Here's s wordy pdf/PowerPoint that we are all going to read through together.
Quick, pick someone with a monotonous voice and reads at the pace of a snail that will ensure people take it in

On 10/06/2020 at 17:39, 19QOS19 said:
On 10/06/2020 at 16:00, Torpar said:

I get a fair bit of abuse from my Weegie/Ayrshire training colleagues for using the word "gan". Had no idea it wasn't used across the country.

My Doonhamer  wife uses 'gan' in pretty much every sentence. She also refers to elbows as 'elbees', pillows as 'pillees', and Mousewald as Moos'l . . . 

I apparently married a hillbilly. 

I still love her though.