Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 09/06/2020 at 19:38, Shotgun said:

Agreed on the businesses who answer with "Hello." Because then I always have to ask "Is this <Business Name>?" to make sure I have the right place. Different if you're phoning somebody at home.

When I was growing up, my Dad always insisted we answer the phone with the full number. "Auchtermuchty 3567892" * or whatever. He did that until he died but prior to that, I always enjoyed tormenting him by answering with "The Vicarage" or "The Samaritans" etc. You had to make your own entertainment in those days.

* We didn't live in Auchtermuchty. This is a made up number. Don't call it.

I was brought up to say Golspie 837! 

Just got a message from a colleague making up time, apparently our mailbox is stuck in an autoreply loop with another.
Getting 5 responses a minute.
Don't have admin access to the mailbox to turn off auto reply
Have created a permanent delete rule but as it's shared it needs manually run.
Going to be a catastrofuck in the morning

17 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Whilst responding to a DM on twitter to Virgin Atlantic with a snarky message because they are robbing c***s, I somehow managed to attach an emoji of a sloth drinking coffee.  And I can't delete it.

My wife's nana died last year and a few weeks after the funeral her cousin posted a picture of the new gravestone on Facebook.  Mrs F handed me the phone to have a look, but I couldn't quite read the inscription so I did that finger and thumb zoom thing. The phone made this weird popping noise and left that laughing tears of joy emoji under the pic. I couldn't delete it.  Wife lost her shit big time and it seemed to take ages  and lots of panic pressing before I somehow again accidentally changed it to a blue heart emoji. Not even sure what that emoji means, but left It there.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

Just got a message from a colleague making up time, apparently our mailbox is stuck in an autoreply loop with another.
Getting 5 responses a minute.
Don't have admin access to the mailbox to turn off auto reply
Have created a permanent delete rule but as it's shared it needs manually run.
Going to be a catastrofuck in the morning
Update over 3000 emails there in the morning, including one hilarious one from the other end demanding we stop sending them emails.
A quick reply explaining that it is an autoreply loop and waiting on IT to turn it off, they might want to try their end as our outsourced IT might take a while to respond...
Just a reply of oh, we thought you were sending them manually.

Jesus wept.

24 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

They must have moved from mine.

Heard the fight KO around 9.00. seemed to keep flaring up every 20mins.

Police and ambulance turned up about 10 mins after I posted that.  One of the other neighbours phoned the polis, they have 2 young kids who were wakened by it all and got a bit scared, poor wee buggers. 

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Police and ambulance turned up about 10 mins after I posted that.  One of the other neighbours phoned the polis, they have 2 young kids who were wakened by it all and got a bit scared, poor wee buggers. 

"other neighbours"

exyfUfT7u8HluIYw.jpg

5 hours ago, philpy said:

Poor show ☹️

On 11/06/2020 at 15:56, NJ2 said:

Maybe racist jokes are best left in the past mate

#chinesefemaleanatomymatters

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Poor show ☹️

Just spoke to the guy from the house next door (he phoned the Police),  the  crackpot that lives in the house bottled his own brother over the head, then someone else bottled him. 2 ambulances were there at one point. The NHS has enough to deal with just no without these idiots. 

3 hours ago, philpy said:

Just spoke to the guy from the house next door (he phoned the Police),  the  crackpot that lives in the house bottled his own brother over the head, then someone else bottled him. 2 ambulances were there at one point. The NHS has enough to deal with just no without these idiots. 

The main question is did his brother park in your space?

5 hours ago, philpy said:

☹️☹️

Given your locale... Lover's tiff?

1 minute ago, weirdcal said:
On 13/06/2020 at 15:28, philpy said:

Given your locale... Lover's tiff?

Doubt it. The guy is just a fucking idiot, plain and simple.