Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Mrs Tdb's daughter is in constant facetime contact with her boyfriend. She's carrying him around on her I pad. Why the lame f**k thinks this is acceptable is beyond me. 

Nothing wrong with this you say. 

Incorrect. I don't want to hear their inane chit chat. I'm trying to watch TV. 

Young people!!!!! No one is interested in your shit conversations. No need (ever) to publicly broadcast them. 

Chat on the phone. Preferably somewhere I'm not. 

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

Mrs Tdb's daughter is in constant facetime contact with her boyfriend. She's carrying him around on her I pad. Why the lame f**k thinks this is acceptable is beyond me. 

Nothing wrong with this you say. 

Incorrect. I don't want to hear their inane chit chat. I'm trying to watch TV. 

Young people!!!!! No one is interested in your shit conversations. No need (ever) to publicly broadcast them. 

Chat on the phone. Preferably somewhere I'm not. 

Need to get yer tap aff and wander round in the background, methinks.

Also randomly yelling things like "will you tell your clarty daughter to wipe her skidmarks off the porcelain!" ought to help.

2 Crows and 2 Blue Jays have been having an argument in the tree outside our open bedroom window since about 5am. It's now 6:35am, I'm in the living room with the window closed and I can still hear them at it. It's hard to say which couple are the most raucous but I suspect the crows' habit of pinching eggs and/or chicks may have something to do with it.

Not feeling kindly to any of the 4 right now.

Work is currently operating a system where uplifts are organised on hourly time slots each day due to us having skeleton staff. Today we've had people turn up early and phone and say "we are waiting outside, can we have our stuff now??", Despite being given certain times by the bosses. Jesus fucking wept. 

23 hours ago, Shotgun said:

2 Crows and 2 Blue Jays have been having an argument in the tree outside our open bedroom window since about 5am. It's now 6:35am, I'm in the living room with the window closed and I can still hear them at it. It's hard to say which couple are the most raucous but I suspect the crows' habit of pinching eggs and/or chicks may have something to do with it.

Not feeling kindly to any of the 4 right now.

Crows are the skinhead/bovver boys of the bird world. They just don't give a f**k. 

On 15/05/2020 at 17:40, welshbairn said:

The Boys Brigade team I played in then still used the same positions. As soon as the whistle went the formation switched to something more like modern day, depending on which team was on top.

Playing right back for the school team (Merkinch) I was told never, ever, ever cross the half-way line. 

It's magpies for me. Crows with a PR Consultancy.
"All black is a wee bit menacing, a bit threatening. Just jazz it up a bit and you can go robbing your neighbours' nests of eggs and chicks with impunity. You'll even get some superstitious nobs saluting you as you go about your murderous business."

I don't like any kind of corvid, but especially not ones in fancy dress.

1 hour ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:
Crows are the skinhead/bovver boys of the bird world. They just don't give a f**k. 
Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Feel sorry for the Gulls. They're finally needing to get off their fat, lazy arses and find their own food with lockdown in place rather than bullying us humans and mugging our steak bakes.

I say I feel sorry for Gulls, get it fucking up them. One shat right in my pie just as I had it raised to my mouth whilst I was at school back in the day. My mates then turned the story into me eating a shitey pie. b*****ds.

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Gulls are the don't gie a f**k of the bird world.

If magpies are the "shithouses that managed to et a wee house up the Grange" of the bird world, and crows are yer common-or-garden Bellfield/Shortlees dwellers, Gulls are the scum that come up the '77 from places like mainholm and especially JABA.

Scum, and not even our scum.

47 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Feel sorry for the Gulls. They're finally needing to get off their fat, lazy arses and find their own food with lockdown in place rather than bullying us humans and mugging our steak bakes.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

My girlfriend salutes magpies if she sees them. Always annoyed me that, and for that fact, magpies can f**k off.

Does she say, "Hello Mr Magpie" or something like that when she's doing it?

20 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Guilty of doing this.

The very first time it happened we were sitting having a conversation over a drink, quiet early in the relationship. She was telling me about something at her work and without breaking the sentence threw up a wee salute and acted as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. She was actually looking at me as if I was the mentalist. Has it been successful in warding off bad luck for you? Certainly hasn't for her, poor fucker is still with me.

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Does she say, "Hello Mr Magpie" or something like that when she's doing it?

Generally no, but I believe you're supposed to be a bit more formal and wish them a good morning or good evening rather than just saying hello. Mentalist behaviour.