Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Local superhero now going into shops to get photo taken, interacting with local kids (not like that) and getting food and drink from random households. 
WTF? What part of stay at home do you not understand. 

This fucking Tapatalk thing automatically following any thread I reply to.

Yes, I'm aware there's likely a way to turn that off. Yes, I'm aware the answer you'd prefer is for me just not to post. f**k off. Not in the mood for your shit.

Just moved across to this in March (old app wasn’t displaying any pics) and was quite happy (I’ve turned all notifications off) but now I get ads every 3 or 4 posts. Close to leaving. (Not that anyone apart from me and Mrs GTSO will notice) [emoji3]

1 minute ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

Just moved across to this in March (old app wasn’t displaying any pics) and was quite happy (I’ve turned all notifications off) but now I get ads every 3 or 4 posts. Close to leaving.

Apparently the boss is working on a new app. I had the same problem with the pictures on the old one.

For a while I'd no idea why people kept referring to nurses.

On 01/05/2020 at 22:53, get_the_subbies_on said:

Just moved across to this in March (old app wasn’t displaying any pics) and was quite happy (I’ve turned all notifications off) but now I get ads every 3 or 4 posts. Close to leaving. (Not that anyone apart from me and Mrs GTSO will notice) emoji3.png

Apparently because of the virus, there has been a huge drop in ad revenue and these shitty pop up ads, ads that load up while your trying to do something and screw you up are needed to balance the books.

I smell an extension or an indoor swimming pool getting built. 

Stick with it. 

On 01/05/2020 at 22:53, get_the_subbies_on said:

Just moved across to this in March (old app wasn’t displaying any pics) and was quite happy (I’ve turned all notifications off) but now I get ads every 3 or 4 posts. Close to leaving. (Not that anyone apart from me and Mrs GTSO will notice) emoji3.png

Apparently because of the virus, there has been a huge drop in ad revenue and these shitty pop up ads, ads that load up while your trying to do something and screw you up are needed to balance the books.

I smell an extension or an indoor swimming pool getting built. 

Stick with it. 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Getting anything off an ipad onto a PC or the other way round.

The lengths to which Apple will go to inconvenience their users. It's quite astonishing.

I'd always heard that they were supposed to be simple and user friendly.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The lengths to which Apple will go to inconvenience their users. It's quite astonishing.

And yet they keep falling for it. 

Every time. 

50 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'd always heard that they were supposed to be simple and user friendly.

I can understand why the likes of Apple don’t make transferring of, say, music from one platform to another easy.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I can understand why the likes of Apple don’t make transferring of, say, music from one platform to another easy.

Wel, yeah, considering they also make money from selling music.

"We've made our product a pain in the arse to use so we can make more money from you by selling solutions" shouldn't endear anyone to a platform/company, however.

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Wel, yeah, considering they also make money from selling music.

"We've made our product a pain in the arse to use so we can make more money from you by selling solutions" shouldn't endear anyone to a platform/company, however.

I imagine all providers will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I imagine all providers will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone

Thankfully not.

The wean's got my iPhone, and he fucking hates it too.

I was painting the front door today and the combination of being hungry and paint fumes caused me to have a dizzy spell. Fell over spectacularly and skinned my knee. Fortunately I'd put the tin of paint in the paint tray so at least that didn't need cleaning up.