Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Currently in a zoom meeting and bursting for a dump.

Rude to take the iPad in with me?

Someone in my work got caught out with that one the other day apparently. He switched off video, but enough folk heard the "PLOP! "for it to become news.

I am definitely just being an unfeeling, moaning b*****d but my PTTGOYN today is that all the stuff I like doing like Hillwalking, outdoor swimming, even running when I did it has become some kind of mental health challenge.

Any conversation I have with people they ask me if I do these things for my mental health, or comment on how good it is for my mental health. They are written about in the press and on Social media as being essential mental health activities and not really talked about in any other way.

Don’t people just do things anymore because they enjoy them? 

I am definitely just being an unfeeling, moaning b*****d but my PTTGOYN today is that all the stuff I like doing like Hillwalking, outdoor swimming, even running when I did it has become some kind of mental health challenge.
Any conversation I have with people they ask me if I do these things for my mental health, or comment on how good it is for my mental health. They are written about in the press and on Social media as being essential mental health activities and not really talked about in any other way.
Don’t people just do things anymore because they enjoy them? 

My long held tin foil hat theory is that all of this is a spin, increasingly put on it by government and employers as mental health awareness increases, because of an unwillingness to address the things the really make us struggle in this country.

Shitty working hours, shitty working conditions, shitty pay and general shitty treatment at the altar of profits for others.

They push the agenda that all of these issues are firstly to be resolved in our own time, but are also caused by our failures to do X Y or Z in our own time.

I do realise it maybe sounds a bit out there, but having seen first hand a large company suddenly start pretending to give a f**k because they came under heat from an external body, I am more convinced than ever that although exercise etc is a big player in your mental health, that's the reason for the way it is publicised as you describe.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

My bike has a puncture and all the bike shops are closed.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Do you have a puncture repair kit? 

If not, don't worry - you can buy one at any bike shop - ah...

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Your mum's house?

I was just round at her house treating an ant invasion and she asked for help with her Sky planner (she uses her phone or her controller for her armchair intsead of the Sky remote). I can see she's recording Naked Attraction. 

Edited by Shandon Par

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

I was just round at her house treating an ant invasion and she asked for help with her Sky planner (she uses her phone or he controller for her armchair intsead of the Sky remote). I can see she's recording Naked Attraction. 

Taking notes probably.

39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was just round at her house treating an ant invasion and she asked for help with her Sky planner (she uses her phone or her controller for her armchair intsead of the Sky remote). I can see she's recording Naked Attraction. 

I'm grassing you in on the Coronavirus thread.