Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Spent a few days deep cleaning the kitchen last week for something to do.

Saw a fucking mouse tonight.

Hopefully it will eat the poison I've put down but I really would prefer the little furry b*****d to be Smudgerfied. I don't have a cat now alas.

A wee pal for you during the lockdown?

The News Media.... Mainly the BBC,..

They've been yacking on and on for what seems like an eternity now, about the queen's speech going out  tonight on live TV. Not only yacking on and on about it, but quoting virtually word for word exactly what she will say. Does it really fucking matter when some royal aide probably wrote the whole thing for her?  "Remember to tell the nation how wonderful the NHS are, Lizzy".. Not that she, or any of her large extended family are ever likely to have used it themselves.

Apart from Kincardine, will anyone be watching this complete and utter waste of time tonight?

The News Media.... Mainly the BBC,..
They've been yacking on and on for what seems like an eternity now, about the queen's speech going out  tonight on live TV. Not only yacking on and on about it, but quoting virtually word for word exactly what she will say. Does it really fucking matter when some royal aide probably wrote the whole thing for her?  "Remember to tell the nation how wonderful the NHS are, Lizzy".. Not that she, or any of her large extended family are ever likely to have used it themselves.
Apart from Kincardine, will anyone be watching this complete and utter waste of time tonight?
I guess the conversation has never really came up, but Mrs B was stunned by my hatred of the Royals lastnight. She watched the address, but then she toiled badly when I asked her why I should be interested in what this person has to say.

She stammered something about being our leader then put Alan Partridge on.

On 03/04/2020 at 13:05, throbber said:

There is something just not right about Stella, it reacts funny with me and makes me act a bit strange so i usually stay clear of it unless there is no alternative. Amstel, Tennents and Carlsberg give off the industrial chemical taste that Welshbairm mentions in his above post, Carlsberg being particularly bad and tasting of eggs. Fosters/Carling are shite but at least they don’t leave a nasty taste in the mouth afterwards.

I have had about enough of your condescending attitude on here when it comes to my choice of alcohol, considering I buy bottles of wine that are £6 at the cheapest and cans of Bud which are pretty much the Rolls Royce of canned lager which you rarely see for under £1 a can. A 4 pack of pint cans costs about £6. 

Stella is vile stuff , full of chemicals to boost its strength , gives me a real sore head the next day I tend to avoid it especially on draught 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Whit?

Perfectly good phrase that my Granny used and ma Ma uses. 

Bucket men- men who empty the buckets. 

not a phrase Granny or Ma would use but is put in to show the difference:

Bucket C*nt- Oor Wullie 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Scaffies or GTF

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Scaffies sweep the streets, they don't empty the bins.

Both, of course, provide a vital service to the community.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Whit?

Lorne!!!! 

No! Square.

Oh. 

:getmecoat: