Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Wasn't really meaning that type of cartoon , Family Guy and American Dad are excellent  and always makes me laugh but they're  really not for daytime TV though . After just over one week in lockdown  boredom is really beginning to kick in , 99% of what's on the telly is shit  & The Radio isn't a whole lot better, some classic  Warner Brothers   " merry melodies " toons would be a bonus [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Also you don’t have to deal with the hassle of using a bottle opener every time you want a fresh beer and cans are easier to dispose of after as you just need to put them in the recycling bin. 

I was watching a film of a bus trip of Geordies to Dunbar from the early 60s on the Lost Dunbar group on FB the other day. Being Geordies they took plenty of drink on board including cans of McEwan's Export. This was before the invention of the ring pull so you had to pierce the top of the can with a device (got one in the house somewhere) to pour the beer out.

Some of the older posters on here will no doubt remember this.

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You've got me there, throbs.  Bang to rights.

I also put it to you that either 

1) You have never tried 19 crimes and said you didn’t like it just to wind me up. 

or 

2) Tried 19 crimes and liked it but pretended you didn’t to appear more interesting and go against the grain and wind me up in the process. 

You also probably like Bud but they don’t sell it in Aldi which is where you shop. 

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I also put it to you that either 

1) You have never tried 19 crimes and said you didn’t like it just to wind me up. 

or 

2) Tried 19 crimes and liked it but pretended you didn’t to appear more interesting and go against the grain and wind me up in the process. 

You also probably like Bud but they don’t sell it in Aldi which is where you shop. 

1) Yes I have.  It's really not very nice

2) See 1)

I'm also fairly sure they do sell Bud in Aldi, but I don't buy it because it's fizzy pisswater.

57 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Carling.

It's obviously not top of the range, but no-one is claiming it is.

It's perfectly drinkable. It's ok for a lager to be "just ok"

If you've had your taste buds permanently removed with industrial bleach, sure.

TV schedules were changed due to the Coronavirus as expected but we are still flooded with adverts for shops that aren't open and sales that don't exist.
I've no idea how long it takes to plan an advert and when it will air but I'm not buying they could not be scrapped given how long it's been since the lockdown started.

Which channels are you watching? The most recent ones from Tesco etc. on the Sky channels are all about new measures for social distancing etc. and talking about how there is plenty to go round if we don't behave like utter c***s (might be paraphrasing there) and the other adverts are NHS ones and the messages from either the UK or Scottish CMOs and the like.

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

1) Yes I have.  It's really not very nice

2) See 1)

I'm also fairly sure they do sell Bud in Aldi, but I don't buy it because it's fizzy pisswater.

Nah they sell it in Lidl but not Aldi, before the virus I would stock up on Buds/19 crimes from Asda and then get the rest of the weekly shops from Aldi afterwards but I’m not splitting the weekly shop over 2 pubs during the pandemic.

I also like cans of hophouse 13 but they only sell small cans as well.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:
TV schedules were changed due to the Coronavirus as expected but we are still flooded with adverts for shops that aren't open and sales that don't exist.
I've no idea how long it takes to plan an advert and when it will air but I'm not buying they could not be scrapped given how long it's been since the lockdown started.

Which channels are you watching? The most recent ones from Tesco etc. on the Sky channels are all about new measures for social distancing etc. and talking about how there is plenty to go round if we don't behave like utter c***s (might be paraphrasing there) and the other adverts are NHS ones and the messages from either the UK or Scottish CMOs and the like.

Gav is viewing a 3 channelled black and white number he rented from DER.

He is saving up for a telly from Stepek.

Guest Moomintroll
Also you don’t have to deal with the hassle of using a bottle opener every time you want a fresh beer and cans are easier to dispose of after as you just need to put them in the recycling bin. 

throbber, you do realise you can recycle glass bottles, right?

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Exactly, it’s reacted pretty badly with me on a couple of occasions so I tend to give it a wide berth. 

I just end up pie eyed about 4 pints earlier on it than I do other lager. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I just end up pie eyed about 4 pints earlier on it than I do other lager. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. 

Yeah I pished myself when drinking it once and I only had 4 cans. It’s the only time I have lost control of my bladder. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Which channels are you watching?

I have a 17 month old in the house so whatever channel I watch depends on what channel he presses when he eats the remote.

Our apartment building management has decided today, when a lot of people are working from home and we are being told to wash your hands frequently, is a good day to switch off the water from 9-5. My wife reminded me this morning that I would have to bring forward my usual 10.45 shite to before 9am.