Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, throbber said:

Also you don’t have to deal with the hassle of using a bottle opener every time you want a fresh beer and cans are easier to dispose of after as you just need to put them in the recycling bin. 

It's a real surprise to learn you're a fan of cans of lager throbbz. 

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, throbber said:
I dont think they sell large cans just 330 ml ones or bottles.

Ah, you can get 500ml ones over here. Their range of faux-hipster beers is quite good as well. Also, Castello lager made by the same mob is pretty decent, you find it at the football sometimes.

Where is over here? Maybe you can get bigger cans of it but I haven’t seen them yet, if I could get bigger cans they would be my drink of choice for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's a real surprise to learn you're a fan of cans of lager throbbz. 

Not all of it, I don’t like Stella, Amstel, Tennents, or Carlsberg. Fosters/Carling is just about passable for me but this Bellhaven best that I have 3 cans of left is absolutely pathetic, it tastes like someone has opened a can of pisswater like Fosters/Carling and then left it in the fridge overnight for it to go flat and then added water to it to dilute the alcohol content. Won’t be buying again. 

38 minutes ago, throbber said:

Not all of it, I don’t like Stella, Amstel, Tennents, or Carlsberg. Fosters/Carling is just about passable for me but this Bellhaven best that I have 3 cans of left is absolutely pathetic, it tastes like someone has opened a can of pisswater like Fosters/Carling and then left it in the fridge overnight for it to go flat and then added water to it to dilute the alcohol content. Won’t be buying again. 

throbber rhyming off beers that maybe aren't the best, but saying he prefers Fosters or Carling to them is the most throbber thing I think I've seen him post.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

throbber rhyming off beers that maybe aren't the best, but saying he prefers Fosters or Carling to them is the most throbber thing I think I've seen him post.

There is something just not right about Stella, it reacts funny with me and makes me act a bit strange so i usually stay clear of it unless there is no alternative. Amstel, Tennents and Carlsberg give off the industrial chemical taste that Welshbairm mentions in his above post, Carlsberg being particularly bad and tasting of eggs. Fosters/Carling are shite but at least they don’t leave a nasty taste in the mouth afterwards.

I have had about enough of your condescending attitude on here when it comes to my choice of alcohol, considering I buy bottles of wine that are £6 at the cheapest and cans of Bud which are pretty much the Rolls Royce of canned lager which you rarely see for under £1 a can. A 4 pack of pint cans costs about £6. 

3 hours ago, stanton said:

The fact that there's no decent cartoons on the TV now , all these modern updated versions are pish 

All the decent cartoons are more adult nowadays.

Seth MacFarlane is an absolute genius and certainly has no issue with outing celebs and their seedy ways.

I read that beer continues to "mature" in a bottle, but not in a can. I'm  not sure, but I think that's a good thing.

Anyway, completely at a tangent, I ordered a dozen bottles from the Strathaven Brewery and they brought it to the door. It's great stuff.

TV schedules were changed due to the Coronavirus as expected but we are still flooded with adverts for shops that aren't open and sales that don't exist.

I've no idea how long it takes to plan an advert and when it will air but I'm not buying they could not be scrapped given how long it's been since the lockdown started.

Nah, Carling is horrific. Absolutely dreadful. Would rather drink any of the beers mentioned here than that utter garbage. Disgusting stuff.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
2 hours ago, throbber said:
I dont think they sell large cans just 330 ml ones or bottles.

Ah, you can get 500ml ones over here. Their range of faux-hipster beers is quite good as well. Also, Castello lager made by the same mob is pretty decent, you find it at the football sometimes.

can't believe that there's any need to look further than the 660ml bottles of Peroni that you can always find in Italy for €1.00 or less !

might not be the finest premium tackle for connoisseurs, but the sheer volume you can get through for very minimal fiscal outlay far outweighs any possible deficiencies (and I happen to like the stuff anyway)...

25 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

All the decent cartoons are more adult nowadays.

Seth MacFarlane is an absolute genius and certainly has no issue with outing celebs and their seedy ways.

Wasn't really meaning that type of cartoon , Family Guy and American Dad are excellent  and always makes me laugh but they're  really not for daytime TV though . After just over one week in lockdown  boredom is really beginning to kick in , 99% of what's on the telly is shit  & The Radio isn't a whole lot better, some classic  Warner Brothers   " merry melodies " toons would be a bonus 🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

TV schedules were changed due to the Coronavirus as expected but we are still flooded with adverts for shops that aren't open and sales that don't exist.

I've no idea how long it takes to plan an advert and when it will air but I'm not buying they could not be scrapped given how long it's been since the lockdown started.

I sent a tweet to Aldi about that asking them why they where advertising garden furniture, it's not as if its an essential item ATM 

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have had about enough of your condescending attitude on here when it comes to my choice of alcohol, considering I buy bottles of wine that are £6 at the cheapest and cans of Bud which are pretty much the Rolls Royce of canned lager which you rarely see for under £1 a can. A 4 pack of pint cans costs about £6. 

You've got me there, throbs.  Bang to rights.

30 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Women with huge ears tend to have very short haircuts that emphasise this ( that Naga woman on BBC Breakfast a perfect example). No idea why that annoys me, but it does.

It's a Ferengi takeover...