Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This “let’s clap for...” bullshit all over social media the last week. Fair enough last Thursday was original for the NHS staff who have done a great job but now everyone seems to want in on the act.

Edited by IainMorton

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 minutes ago, dagane said:
Two daughters who drink energy juice every day and have contributed f all to helping around the house since lockdown

How old are they? Is it not just a case of "get them telt!"?

24 and 22 ,it's my own fault

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Americans thinking that a 'cup' is in any way an acceptable unit of measurement.

TBF Cadbury's have been claiming there's a glass and a half of milk in every half pound of chocolate for years, without saying what size the glasses are.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

TBF Cadbury's have been claiming there's a glass and a half of milk in every half pound of chocolate for years, without saying what size the glasses are.

I never understood why they thought telling us this mattered.

Nobody switched from only ever buying Galaxy chocolate to Cadbury because of that claim.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aw. Can't exactly threaten to take their phone off them or some similar punishment then emoji38.png

Eh?  Why not?  My 21 yo is shacked up with me for the duration and it (generally) works well as she has ongoing Uni stuff to do.  I have, a couple of times, taken her phone off her.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Americans thinking that a 'cup' is in any way an acceptable unit of measurement.

This.

Coffee makers are the worst for this.

Cup would be ok if either cups were the same size, or cups had their capacity noted on the bottom.

29 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I reckon a lot of kids drinking huge cans of monster energy etc are going to have knackered hearts by the time they're 50.

I grew up with a guy who was (fairly) normal. Our paths crossed after not seeing him in about 6 years and although he's still a good lad he's absolutely fucked with this head shake twitch thing. He tans about 4 cans of Asda's own brand red bull a day and openly admits has to swallow a load of sleeping pills to bring himself back down at night. 

I asked him about the twitch one day and he said he doesn't even notice he's doing it now. 

(not heart related, but still!) 

Edit : to clarify, I was determined he'd took a bad E or something but he says he's never touched anything like that - and can't smoke weed to bring him down. 

Edited by Dele

12 hours ago, IainMorton said:

This “let’s clap for...” bullshit all over social media the last week. Fair enough last Thursday was original for the NHS staff who have done a great job but now everyone seems to want in on the act.

"hero" status extended now to soldiers, NHS workers, cleaners, shop workers, chemists, security guards etc etc

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
23 minutes ago, throbber said:
Cans of bellhaven best are absolute pish water. 

I suspect your point will last only until someone points out that you would prefer to be drinking Budweiser

Budweiser really isn’t piss water compared to Bellhaven, Fosters or Carling. There’s a reason that all the 10 - 15 packs of Budweiser are off the shelves as Asda Bairnardo!

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Budweiser really isn’t piss water compared to Bellhaven, Fosters or Carling. There’s a reason that all the 10 - 15 packs of Budweiser are off the shelves as Asda Bairnardo!

I'm not just saying this..... If Bud was all that was there on a day I intended drinking, I would wait until I could get something else... I have a pathological hatred of it, which is odd because in a past life where I spent a bit of leisure time across the pond, I liked it. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not just saying this..... If Bud was all that was there on a day I intended drinking, I would wait until I could get something else... I have a pathological hatred of it, which is odd because in a past life where I spent a bit of leisure time across the pond, I liked it. 

I'd even drink Tennent's over Bud, that's how fucking rank it is.