Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Thought to myself, ah, Question of Sport is on tonight. A bit of light hearted fluff in these troubled times. I forgot that Phil Tufnell does my tits in. Specifically, the round they play where Sue says ‘these three sports stars all share their name with....’ Every fcuking time, Tufnell just repeats what a team-mate sitting next to him has said, all he does is shout the same answer louder, even though it was already wrong. Fcuking gobshite.

Bring back Coisty. 🙂

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Thought to myself, ah, Question of Sport is on tonight. A bit of light hearted fluff in these troubled times. I forgot that Phil Tufnell does my tits in. Specifically, the round they play where Sue says ‘these three sports stars all share their name with....’ Every fcuking time, Tufnell just repeats what a team-mate sitting next to him has said, all he does is shout the same answer louder, even though it was already wrong. Fcuking gobshite.

Bring back Coisty. 🙂

Hardly ever watch it these days , but nobody comes close to that wee nyaff ,Willie Carson as far as being an irritating tosser goes.

Edited by A96

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Bring back Coisty. 🙂

Coisty against John Parrott was must-viewing. Loved the chemistry between the two.

9 hours ago, A96 said:

Hardly ever watch it these days , but nobody comes close to that wee nyaff ,Willie Carson as far as being an irritating tosser goes.

Maybe so but I remember his team had one question to win the series - they had to identify a rugby player and they got it right. The look on Bill Beaumont's face was something to behold.

Find this a lot, particularly Indian curries. Attempted a pathia a few weeks ago. It wasn’t shite but it was pretty meh after a lot of effort.
How old are your spices? Loads of folk myself included are guilty of having these for years on end. By all accounts it makes a huge difference.

Also, and you probably know this already, whole spices, toasted in a dry pan then ground yourself are the way forward.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Find this a lot, particularly Indian curries. Attempted a pathia a few weeks ago. It wasn’t shite but it was pretty meh after a lot of effort.

Indian food is second to none but the number of ingredients, work and time required really doesn't make it condusive to home cookery. 

I really miss it.

How old are your spices? Loads of folk myself included are guilty of having these for years on end. By all accounts it makes a huge difference.

Also, and you probably know this already, whole spices, toasted in a dry pan then ground yourself are the way forward.

You could be right, most of those spices were years old.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You could be right, most of those spices were years old.

They dont last really. Which makes it hard unless you.cook enough curries to rattle through them. We are under the mistaken impression in this country that these things have an unlimited shelf life. Next time buy all new ones

For a pathia, i mix pineapple juice and mint for the weird sweet and sour taste it has.
Always annoyed that's the one type never found in jar or at some Indians here. Love a pathia

19 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Spent ages making a curry today and it tasted shite emoji3525.png

Karma bit me on the arse for laughing at this yesterday. I made a chilli with chicken mince today. 3/10 Would not do again. 

I had a recipe for seekh kebabs that I've used a few times, but yesterday I made the mixture up as normal and shaped them up into meatballs instead, and once they were done in the oven I heated them through with a nice jalfrezi sauce. Lovely.

16 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Bring back Coisty. 🙂

It's been shite since David Coleman left.

Indian food is second to none but the number of ingredients, work and time required really doesn't make it condusive to home cookery. 
I really miss it.
I can't eat curry in unfortunately but i make a veggie one for the missus which she fucking loves (quite often she's meh about my cooking which i think is harsh but she fucking loves the curry).

I use the pastes and add whatever i can from the cupboard to personalise it. Seems to work a treat, and i saw Jamie Oliver bigging up the pastes as a really good product.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Brass necked delivery companies claiming you weren't in when there are three names on the letterbox and only one person is allowed out at a time.

Are you sure someone in the property would have heard the bell or knock at the door ?.... plenty times I know there’s somebody in , but they don’t come to the door. And it’s rarely deaf, old duffers

Are you sure someone in the property would have heard the bell or knock at the door ?.... plenty times I know there’s somebody in , but they don’t come to the door. And it’s rarely deaf, old duffers
Aye, it's a pretty loud bell which sounds in both wings of the house* (I can hear it quite clearly while in the shower) and you can hear the noise of every vehicle that comes up the drive*. All three of us were at home and on the lookout for it as, let's be honest, it's the only excitement we get these days. The fuckers just didn't bother trying to deliver it.

*living the Oaksoftian dream.