Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Jack Russells. I'm a dog lover and rarely pass one in the street without petting it but if there was a Coronavirus like infection that only affected these little fuckers I'd be over the moon. Yappy little shits and in my experience pretty aggressive as well. My neighbour has recently bought a puppy and that's it now finding it's voice when it's out the back. Can see words being exchanged at some point during the summer.

Eddie-Frasier-727x522.jpg

21 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye it was fairly quick and painless in the end. Trying to upload and move things on Microsoft Teams on the other hand...

Not that I'm moaning, I understand the number of people trying to access it would be incredible compared to a normal day. Just a bit frustrating setting something up, uploading it then it fails just before it looks set to go online.

I've taken the approach that updates to windows should be applied as often as possible when working from home.

Oddly I've never considered the fact it locks down the computer for several hours as a problem in this scenario...

The radio station we listen to plays a major part of the song that's literally about to play, ruining the anticipation of those fantastic crescendos (you'll like those Dundee fans) for example the main part of "You're the Voice" by John Farnham. 

Laptops with the password written on them. What's the fucking point?
Have the same issue with items password protected in an email then a follow up email with password.

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

Have the same issue with items password protected in an email then a follow up email with password.

This. So much this. I have to do this every so often at work and every time I point this flaw out, and every time it gets ignored. It's typical bureaucratic stupidity.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Jack Russells....a puppy and that's it now finding it's voice when it's out the back. Can see words being exchanged at some point during the summer.

will most of the words exchanged be "sausages" ?

ETA - bollocks - my bad - that wasn't a jack russell....

Edited by Herman Hessian

The radio station we listen to plays a major part of the song that's literally about to play, ruining the anticipation of those fantastic crescendos (you'll like those Dundee fans) for example the main part of "You're the Voice" by John Farnham. 

Honestly the crescendo at Tannadump that day still gives me goosebumps :D

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

There seems to be an alarming amount of people online that are talking about groceries or the grocery store. Often not American. WTF

This. It's 'messages' all day long.

We had a couple of lassies over from India last year in work. They came into the office with shopping one day and auld Aggie the receptionist said "is that you been out for your messages?"

The look of utter confusion on their faces was priceless.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I used that word for years before realising what a bizarre term it is.  Usually say ‘shopping’ or ‘food shopping’ if I want to be specific.

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

There seems to be an alarming amount of people online that are talking about groceries or the grocery store. Often not American. WTF

f**k me - all these years and i never realised it was set in Trumpton, Connecticut...

Greengrocers_.JPG

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Spent ages making a curry today and it tasted shite emoji3525.png

A change in your sense of taste has been mentioned as one of the symptoms of Coronavirus. 

Shame. You seemed  like quite a good cvnt.

For a Hibee, anyway