Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My local basketball team has been denied promotion due to the lockdown (they're sat in first but could still have fucked it, to be fair).

My town hasn't had a championship winning team in a decade. This year all three semi-pro teams (football, basketball and handball) are top of their leagues yet could be denied silverware.
I hope you stay in Liverpool.

53 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

As near as I can gather, Diego lives in a constantly moving rift in the space time continuum somewhere between Italy, Uzbekistan, Mongolia and Armenia

So that's 12 teams who've won f*** all in 10 years. The man's a jinx.

On 20/03/2020 at 07:59, Rugster said:

I get where you’re coming from but try explaining to a Three year old why she can’t see her friends for weeks or go to her dancing. Of course it’s the right thing to do but it will have a big impact socially on children and it’s far from petty. 

With loving and caring parents she's going to be scarred for life by not seeing her friends for a few weeks? Or go to her dancing class?  At three years old?

Newspaper gossip columns. Today's reads :

Barcelona are eyeing up a bid for 25 year old Ayemeric Laporte from Man City. 

Followed closely behind by :

Barcelona are to ask their players to take wage cuts as they cannot afford the wage bill that to the end of the season exceeds €1bn.

10 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

With loving and caring parents she's going to be scarred for life by not seeing her friends for a few weeks? Or go to her dancing class?  At three years old?

If you can just point out where I said she’s going to be scarred for life that would be ideal. 

My 17 year old is getting right on my tits.

She has hitherto hated school and, now she is let of the hook and doesn't have to take A Levels, has told me, to quote, "honestly i miss school so much !! wish i was there ,haha"

I recognise this could be posted on a few P&B threads.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

My 17 year old is getting right on my tits.

She has hitherto hated school and, now she is let of the hook and doesn't have to take A Levels, has told me, to quote, "honestly i miss school so much !! wish i was there ,haha"

I recognise this could be posted on a few P&B threads.

Start a 'Boot in the Pie' thread, that's probably most appropriate. 😉

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Trying to work from home and having getting the dreaded Windows update message. Might as well settle in for an hour or two...

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Last one I got took minutes.

Apparently the major updates are only once a year now. The ones in the autumn are minor tweaks so don't take as long.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The one I had was last week, 5 minutes max.

Oh, right, I don't count that as a major upgrade. The nailbiting ones are when the computer reboots itself two or three times.

On 23/03/2020 at 11:20, Melanius Mullarkey said:

All my bairns dancing competitions have been cancelled for the foreseeable and I can honestly say I'm delighted as f**k (if such a phrase exists).

I  flatly refused to go to Cowal again this year, even before this coronavirus thing. Dance teacher is continuing remote teaching them all on Zoom. Concerned the living floor won't hold up much longer to the jumping...

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I  flatly refused to go to Cowal again this year, even before this coronavirus thing. Dance teacher is continuing remote teaching them all on Zoom. Concerned the living floor won't hold up much longer to the jumping...

Ha! A like minded soul. Cowal was a fucking unmitigated saturated hell hole last year.  

Already kind of praying this Covid carries on until late August then disappears overnight.

Last one I got took minutes.
Apparently the major updates are only once a year now. The ones in the autumn are minor tweaks so don't take as long.
The one I had was last week, 5 minutes max.
Aye it was fairly quick and painless in the end. Trying to upload and move things on Microsoft Teams on the other hand...

Not that I'm moaning, I understand the number of people trying to access it would be incredible compared to a normal day. Just a bit frustrating setting something up, uploading it then it fails just before it looks set to go online.

Jack Russells. I'm a dog lover and rarely pass one in the street without petting it but if there was a Coronavirus like infection that only affected these little fuckers I'd be over the moon. Yappy little shits and in my experience pretty aggressive as well. My neighbour has recently bought a puppy and that's it now finding it's voice when it's out the back. Can see words being exchanged at some point during the summer.