Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1/2p more?

f**k me, mate. I thought I was old.
Aye, on d-day, when the new fangled money came in, Tudor were 2p, and the more upmarket GW were 2 1/2p. I remember this with a weird backdrop of st. Columba's* underground tuck shop. f**k knows why- memory' s bloody weird sometimes.

*primary school in Kilmarnock.

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anal seepage is a side effect of those fat binding pills that were quite big a few years ago.. Seemingly if you ingest too much fat whilst taking them it literally just runs out yer arse.

Adipose.gif

On 24/02/2020 at 15:25, The Moonster said:

A PTTGOYN for me but it seems that it might be an unpopular opinion, I am here to find out the definitive answer. Weddings that serve breakfast food on their evening buffet. At the weekend there we were served up rolls and bacon, rolls and links and rolls and vegan sausage. All lukewarm. I just can't ever imagine wanting to eat that at 9pm after a good few hours of bevy. I seemed to be in a minority though as everyone rammed these half arsed rolls down their gullet.

We had bacon rolls at our wedding 9 years ago, they went down an absolute treat. It wasn't very common back then, think it's more common now. They were great.

We also had a big massive Costco cake as we got married on my Dad's birthday so got him a cake as well.

23 hours ago, coprolite said:

This is close, but purple is Worcestershire sauce. 

23 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Dark Purple.

Pale Purple/Violet reserved for Pickled Onion

It's time that this long-standing issue was resolved as I have never been comfortable with Purple being used as Worcestershire sauce. I would have suggested a formal review and open debate on the subject, with Orange being my proposal for the bag colour - in line with Lea & Perrins colours. Unfortunately this would conflict with the Capsicum derived flavours such as Paprika and Chilli, so either different shades of Orange would be necessary or an alternative colour.

22 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Spring onions are a vastly underrated flavour.  During the halcyon days of Tudor crisps spring onion were ace.

I also quite like a spring onion crisp from time to time. Morrisons stock these lovely oniony ones in the Eastern European section:

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Lorenz-Crunchips-O-Smaku-Zielona-Cebulka/430504011?from=shop&tags=102705|150516|150527

Kl6CKyL.jpg

I was also quite partial to Tayto / Golden Wonder's Sweet Onion Bikers. While no match for the traditional Spicy Bikers, which are among the superior offerings in the category I still think of as "10p crisps", the Sweet Onion version was a pleasant alternative from time to time.

nVdQg7g.jpg

22 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I spent about 5 minutes in a supermarket aisle in France last year looking at what I assumed was the "Paprika" section.  Couldn't find salt and vinegar anywhere.

Savages.

I will tolerate a lot from the French in this regard, as the below Wholegrain Mustard flavoured crisps, along with similar by other manufacturers, are a treat I indulge in every time I'm in the country.

vosvqGR.jpg

4 minutes ago, milton75 said:

It's time that this long-standing issue was resolved as I have never been comfortable with Purple being used as Worcestershire sauce. I would have suggested a formal review and open debate on the subject, with Orange being my proposal for the bag colour - in line with Lea & Perrins colours. Unfortunately this would conflict with the Capsicum derived flavours such as Paprika and Chilli, so either different shades of Orange would be necessary or an alternative colour.

A tribute to our dutch crisps no doubt. I know your game. 

3 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I also quite like a spring onion crisp from time to time. Morrisons stock these lovely oniony ones in the Eastern European section:

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Lorenz-Crunchips-O-Smaku-Zielona-Cebulka/430504011?from=shop&tags=102705|150516|150527

Kl6CKyL.jpg

I was also quite partial to Tayto / Golden Wonder's Sweet Onion Bikers. While no match for the traditional Spicy Bikers, which are among the superior offerings in the category I still think of as "10p crisps", the Sweet Onion version was a pleasant alternative from time to time.

nVdQg7g.jpg

I will tolerate a lot from the French in this regard, as the below Wholegrain Mustard flavoured crisps, along with similar by other manufacturers, are a treat I indulge in every time I'm in the country.

vosvqGR.jpg

That's a fantastically detailed and well-argued bit of crisp correspondence but I'm happy with purple for Worcester sauce flavours. Call me a synesthete, but when I see purple I taste Worcester Sauce crisps or Ribena. 

Aye, on d-day, when the new fangled money came in, Tudor were 2p, and the more upmarket GW were 2 1/2p. I remember this with a weird backdrop of st. Columba's* underground tuck shop. f**k knows why- memory' s bloody weird sometimes.

*primary school in Kilmarnock.

I can remember those days, and baked bean flavour crisps as well.