Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Presumably all the Man U glory hunters switched to City anyway.

I think they transitioned via Chelsea, did they not? Either way, I anticipate seeing a lot more Liverpool shirts stretched over fat gammon guts in the next few years.

A PTTGOYN for me but it seems that it might be an unpopular opinion, I am here to find out the definitive answer. Weddings that serve breakfast food on their evening buffet. At the weekend there we were served up rolls and bacon, rolls and links and rolls and vegan sausage. All lukewarm. I just can't ever imagine wanting to eat that at 9pm after a good few hours of bevy. I seemed to be in a minority though as everyone rammed these half arsed rolls down their gullet.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

If it's the evening do it's fine in my view. You're expected to have fed yourself dinner before going, that's just wide appeal food for drunk folk to wolf down.

Oh aye, I wasn't expecting a meal and we'd had dinner, I just wasn't expecting breakfast rolls. 

Obviously you weren't drinking enough. A roll and square sausage at 10pm is prime time.

My mate got married at WEST at Glasgow Green and they did pretzel rolls and sausage/bacon. 10/10.

Edited by Smurph

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A PTTGOYN for me but it seems that it might be an unpopular opinion, I am here to find out the definitive answer. Weddings that serve breakfast food on their evening buffet. At the weekend there we were served up rolls and bacon, rolls and links and rolls and vegan sausage. All lukewarm. I just can't ever imagine wanting to eat that at 9pm after a good few hours of bevy. I seemed to be in a minority though as everyone rammed these half arsed rolls down their gullet.

Were you on your fvkkin period or something ?  A complimentary bacon roll or sausage in a roll (as opposed to sausage rolls) is a treat at any time in any circumstances. Even if they’re stone cold.  Show some gratitude. 

And speaking personally , my fussiness when it comes to food ( and which is virtually nil anyway) decreases in direct proportion to the level of alcohol consumption.

Just now, A96 said:

Were you on your fvkkin period or something ?  A complimentary bacon roll or sausage in a roll (as opposed to sausage rolls) is a treat at any time in any circumstances. Even if they’re stone cold.  Show some gratitude. 

And speaking personally , my fussiness when it comes to food ( and which is virtually nil anyway) decreases in direct proportion to the level of alcohol consumption.

Calm doon, it's not like I threw the rolls onto the dancefloor in a rage and wished a lifetime of hell for the happy couple. Clearly this is an unpopular opinion though, so question answered.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Calm doon, it's not like I threw the rolls onto the dancefloor in a rage and wished a lifetime of hell for the happy couple

Shitebag. Earlier I thought you were wrong but at least respected you. That's all gone now for not standing up for your principles. Could have at least used a stale bit of slice as a ninja star to take out the mother of the bride

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Calm doon, it's not like I threw the rolls onto the dancefloor in a rage and wished a lifetime of hell for the happy couple. Clearly this is an unpopular opinion though, so question answered.

That sort of thing never goes down well. The woman next door told me she was planning a fairytale wedding for her daughter, so I gatecrashed the reception and put a curse on their firstborn. Hasn't spoken to me since.

There's a race at Catterick this afternoon involving a limited field of 2 horses.  The bookies have the favourite at 1/25, yet the other horse is only 8/1 to win.

Surely if the favourite is priced as "canny fail" at such an outrageous odds on price, the other runner should be at least 25/1 as it's seen as the no-hoper of the pair ??

Bookies and the betting industry have everything weighted in their favour. 

5 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

There's a race at Catterick this afternoon involving a limited field of 2 horses.  The bookies have the favourite at 1/25, yet the other horse is only 8/1 to win.

Surely if the favourite is priced as "canny fail" at such an outrageous odds on price, the other runner should be at least 25/1 as it's seen as the no-hoper of the pair ??

In other news, Pope revealed to be a Catholic...

5 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I've noticed that every day the sun comes up and goes back down again. 

10 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

giphy (20).gif

Cheese and Onion crisps in blue packets.

The UN should have issued a proscribed list of approved colour/flavour combinations, with any supplier violating it being subject to a resolution and their premises bombed/occupied.

Cheese and Onion - Dark Green

Spring Onion - Pale Green

Salt & Vinegar - Pale Blue

Ready Salted - Dark Blue

Smokey Bacon -Dark Pink

Prawn Cocktail - Pale Pink

Tomato Ketchup - Red

Pickled Onion - Purple

Steak/Beef - Brown

Other exotic varieties should be approved on a case by case basis, but only after a formal vote and reserving the right for individual member states to veto.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Cheese and Onion crisps in blue packets.

The UN should have issued a proscribed list of approved colour/flavour combinations, with any supplier violating it being subject to a resolution and their premises bombed/occupied.

Cheese and Onion - Dark Green

Spring Onion - Pale Green

Salt & Vinegar - Pale Blue

Ready Salted - Dark Blue

Smokey Bacon -Dark Pink

Prawn Cocktail - Pale Pink

Tomato Ketchup - Red

Pickled Onion - Purple

Steak/Beef - Brown

Other exotic varieties should be approved on a case by case basis, but only after a formal vote and reserving the right for individual member states to veto.

This is close, but purple is Worcestershire sauce.