Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Why does it matter that they're a student?

You're right- the use of "student" and "w****r" in the same sentence is a tautology! :lol:

No, it was just a general observance that many of the Deliveroo cyclists are young and presumably students and that they have not had the benefit that grumpy old gits like me had of getting a Cycling Proficiency Award or being scared shitless by public information films about safe cycling.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You're right- the use of "student" and "w****r" in the same sentence is a tautology! :lol:

No, it was just a general observance that many of the Deliveroo cyclists are young and presumably students and that they have not had the benefit that grumpy old gits like me had of getting a Cycling Proficiency Award or being scared shitless by public information films about safe cycling.

You actually have to watch a cycling safety video before signing up and then do a supervised trial shift where your riding skills get assessed. It's just easier and more fun to ride like an arse. 👍

It’s happened again. Yesterday. I’m waiting in a large queue at a Costa. I just want an Americano and a chocolate tiffin. Got a headache, and a bit of a squiffy stomach...need a sit down and a chocolatey thing to settle me down. In front of me, two women. Yakking away about fcuk-knows what. Strictly being flooded out of the Hydro last month or somesuch. Anyway, they’ve had over five minutes before reaching the lassie taking orders. The lassie then asks them what they want. Then it begins.... ‘Oh, I don’t know Sadie, do you fancy sharing a chocolate twist? No? Fancy the blueberry muffin? Nah? Your usual latte is it?’ Just. Fcuk. Off.

WTF is it with these women? It’s always women. Blokes in the queue are already lasered-in on their order, utilising the time spent in the queue to decide on the merits of a mocha over a flat white.

I’m a bawhair away from doing a Michael Douglas on these cnuts.

Edited by pozbaird

It’s happened again. Yesterday. I’m waiting in a large queue at a Costa. I just want an Americano and a chocolate tiffin. Got a headache, and a bit of a squiffy stomach...need a sit down and a chocolatey thing to settle me down. In front of me, two women. Yakking away about fcuk-knows what. Strictly being flooded out of the Hydro last month or somesuch. Anyway, they’ve had over five minutes before reaching the lassie taking orders. The lassie then asks them what they want. Then it begins.... ‘Oh, I don’t know Sadie, do you fancy sharing a chocolate twist? No? Fancy the blueberry muffin? Nah? Your usual latte is it?’ Just. Fcuk. Off.
WTF is it with these women? It’s always women. Blokes in the queue are already lasered-in on their order, utilising the time spent in the queue to decide on the merits of a mocha over a flat white.
I assume it came as a complete surprise that they had to pay for their purchases and spent several minutes rummaging about their handbags to find a purse and additional minutes extracting the payment method from the purse? Whereas you had your money/card in your hand as you queued.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:
11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I assume it came as a complete surprise that they had to pay for their purchases and spent several minutes rummaging about their handbags to find a purse and additional minutes extracting the payment method from the purse? Whereas you had your money/card in your hand as you queued.

I cannot say with any certainty. At that moment I was too busy head-butting the glass case that contains the chocolate twists.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Don't go to coffee shops then.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I cannot say with any certainty. At that moment I was too busy head-butting the glass case that contains the chocolate twists.

You need to slow down, stop wanting every too fast.  No need to rush your life, the devil will  wait. When it's your time, he'll be ready.

I'm in temporary accomodation right now and the microwave with some french sounding name doesnt even have the wattage on it, and it doesnt help that most microwavable food looks that unedible that its hard to tell if its cooked right or not. Probably best i buy and temperature probe
Check underneath there must be a sticker or something?

On 12/02/2020 at 01:44, engelbert_humperdink said:

I'm in temporary accomodation right now and the microwave with some french sounding name doesnt even have the wattage on it, and it doesnt help that most microwavable food looks that unedible that its hard to tell if its cooked right or not. Probably best i buy and temperature probe

^^^

553058794.jpg

On 12/02/2020 at 01:44, engelbert_humperdink said:

Or just google the French sounding name.

The most petty irritation for me in a coffee shop is that I ask for a black Americano and they ask if I'd like milk in it. Is there black milk which I've not been aware of?

Second place is asking for a small and they say "tall?". This hasn't happened since I stopped visiting Starbucks come to think of it. Must just be them. 

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

You need to slow down, stop wanting every too fast.  No need to rush your life, the devil will  wait. When it's your time, he'll be ready.

More good advice, but fcuk it - when I want a chocolate tiffin, I want it now. Not after five minutes while Elaine C Smith and Isa fae’ ‘Still Game’ types fanny around deciding if they want to share a blueberry muffin or not. Fcuk um’. 😀