Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, throbber said:

We had plenty of reserves as well but the guy just removed himself from the what’s app group about half an hour before kick off without saying he couldn’t make it, just a total dick move from a man who clearly has no conscience.

Kill him. 

Basically that’s exactly how our WhatsApp chat works. There’s a pool of about 16/17 folk but now and again it goes right down to the day before we play to get a confirmed 10. On the rare occasion it has to be cancelled, the place we play at let’s us cancel up until midday on the day.
I've 10 in my WhatsApp group.
I've cancelled under 5 times I reckon and it's been because of the Dundee derby usually on a friday.
I found from a mates group if you have loads in a group they either leave it to last minute/ dont reply / or you even have the whole lot on rare occasion who say they can play

Meh each to their own

Them paying by card isn't the point, more that they could easily buy somebody else a drink if they're going to be there for at least a couple. Minimum payment would make them think twice and help resurrect the lost art of the 'round'. I was with a large group of PhD students last week and despite being there a couple of hours, not a single one asked their peers any variation of "anyone need a drink whilst I'm going up?". Don't get me started on coffee.

PhD students clearly know f**k all about efficient time management on account of them being PhD students. Therefore, they are the problem.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

We have a what’s app group and the 10 that played get 2 days to confirm for the following week and then it goes it to anyone who is available, some people put themselves as reserves but there’s not much you can do if someone pulls out an hour before kick off or just doesn’t show up. If we don’t have the numbers with 48 hours to go then it’s cancelled so no one has to pay for the pitch and if anyone who is confirmed then pulls out it’s up to them to find the replacement. Shit still happens and folk can become unavailable for what ever reason but just exiting the what’s app group without an explanation is absolutely subhuman.

Bit discriminatory against Roman Catholics and Episcopalians imho.

I've 10 in my WhatsApp group.
I've cancelled under 5 times I reckon and it's been because of the Dundee derby usually on a friday.
I found from a mates group if you have loads in a group they either leave it to last minute/ dont reply / or you even have the whole lot on rare occasion who say they can play

Meh each to their own

If we only had 10 in the chat the game would be cancelled more often than not. Too many shift workers, offshore workers and kids between us all to manage with just the same 10 folk each week.

12 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Names going into a hat ?

Every monday I send a text out to my original 10 to see who is playing. As soon as call offs happen I go into reserves ( see the two arseholes on this forum) and that is me set for Friday. Illness can creep in or maybe some dont know until Wednesday if babysitters etc which is fine as still two days to sort it.

Sorting out numbers for five a sides is straight forward

Well I have never been so insulted!

I have never been called a reserve in my life! 

I've ended up back at flats and hoose and about this time been fucking starving with no takeaways open. I just got an email from Domino's and they deliver up until 5am. This is registering at slightly above petty but this is the only topic I can vent about it in. 

The official app for Premiership football here is Mola TV. Can watch any game live but I often want to watch the game the next day as it is on so late.

This will then involve me trying to cover up TV/iPad with a cushion because they display the final score on the play/pause screen. Struggle to watch a full game if I know the score. Often have to get my wife to load it when I am in another room! Absolutely does my head in.

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Christ what a job it must be delivering on that shift. All these drunk folk ordering pizzas at 4 in the morning then falling asleep and not answering the door.

Shove the pizza through the letterbox.