Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This was why I made a thread about VPNs on the echat forum a few months back. I might go for it depending on how desperate I get during the playoffs.

Think you get a month's money back trial. Worked fine for BBC iplayer and various bookies which are usually tricky when I was off in the Canarys a week or so ago.

Edited by welshbairn

39 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'm just glad to find one that works, most them don't.

US TV ads are brutal, every time I watch channels from Buffalo half the ads are for drugs (with a million side effects) and the other half are for lawyers with catchy slogans, sometimes when my brain is switched off and I'm staring into space I hear the slogan looping in my head...

A garage I go to sells coffee that comes in 3 sizes: regular, large and x-large, except they are just the same size as standard small, medium and large anywhere else. 

Someone, somewhere has thought, and others have agreed, that this is a cunning marketing ploy, presumably to fleece customers of more money. Well you can imagine how smug I felt having just asked for a large, assuming I would get the biggest coffee available, only to get the middle one, thus denying them money they could have had from me. Getting a smaller coffee than I would have liked was a small price to pay to show it is a fucking stupid idea. Hopefully they go into administration tomorrow. 

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Car boots that you can't just quickly shut by hand, but force you to push a button to activate the 10hr closing process. 

My dad had a BMW that could be closed by hand or you could use the wee button. One day I start closing the boot by hand and he screams "NOOOO!" as he runs over to me, stops my hand and presses the wee button. "You'll break the closing mechanism" he says. Fucking idiot.

Edited by The Moonster

Just now, The Moonster said:

My dad had a BMW that could be closed by hand or you could use the wee button. One day I start closing the boot by hand and he screams "NOOOO!" as he runs over to me, stops my hand and presses the wee button. "You'll break the closing mechanism" he says. Fucking idiot.

My motor takes a massive strop if you try to close the boot by hand.  It's not worth the fucking hassle.

It's obviously female.

50 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A garage I go to sells coffee that comes in 3 sizes: regular, large and x-large, except they are just the same size as standard small, medium and large anywhere else. 

Someone, somewhere has thought, and others have agreed, that this is a cunning marketing ploy, presumably to fleece customers of more money. Well you can imagine how smug I felt having just asked for a large, assuming I would get the biggest coffee available, only to get the middle one, thus denying them money they could have had from me. Getting a smaller coffee than I would have liked was a small price to pay to show it is a fucking stupid idea. Hopefully they go into administration tomorrow. 

Should have ordered a Corona, m8.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

So much 'innovation' in cars seems like a big pile of shite.

Motorised boot solving the use arm to open boot problem

Keyless cars solving the use key to start car problem

Automatic windscreen wipers solving the turn on the wipers when it's raining problem

All of this effort could have been directed to giving us flying cars by now.

Add auto full beam lights utterly pointless

2 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The smell from dope smokers; it's utterly rank. The stuff stinks and is worse than cigarette smoke, possibly even cigar smoke.

Probably the tinkiest smell worse than pish

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

There will be a league 1, championship and premiership idea soon...

My motor takes a massive strop if you try to close the boot by hand.  It's not worth the fucking hassle.
It's obviously female.
Or French..

French car electronics are rather stroppy I find.

On 16/01/2020 at 11:15, sjc said:

Got my PET scan results back today. Still inconclusive but suspected metastasis. Start chemotherapy next Thursday.

Best of luck to you and if you happen to read this before heading out, you'll know that you'll be travelling with the best of wishes

Aussies love to abbreviate everything by shortening it and firing an 'o' or 'y' on the end - service station = servo, bottle shop = bottlo, fireman = firey - but I've just heard one that is a step too far: volly instead of volunteer.

I hope this full country burns to the ground.