Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My girlfriend is English. She keeps calling Hogmanay "New Years Eve". For some petty reason it gets me absolutely raging

Excellent use of the English language.
My wife is a Yank and all I get is “New Years”.......doesn’t matter if it’s 31st December or 1st January, it’s just always “New Years”......[emoji37]
Seething, so ah am........

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Her whole comic persona is based on her being ugly, as is Jo Brand. I find them both funny, and am happy it hasn't been a bar to their success, but I agree that it's a shame they had to make it an issue, unlike the numerous seriously ugly male comedians like Jimmy Carr amongst many.

Isn't this the whole basis of that Hannah Gadsby special that went mental recently?

Happy to judge Miranda Hart on her talent; she doesn't have any. She produces the same kind of smug, comforting Home Counties non-comedy as Michael McIntyre. I assume she's the niece of somebody high up at the BBC.

I don't mind Sarah Millican, although I don't think she's ever made me laugh. Jo Brand has always seemed like always seemed like your mate's cool aunt, the one who would tell you dirty jokes and recommend music from the '70s.

Edit: Russell Howard is annoying and full of himself, but that Good News show he did could be entertaining despite his best efforts to ruin it.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Feel like folk who really want to tell you how unfunny they find a female comedian should be legally obliged to preface their comments with at least one female comedian they do find funny. Otherwise it gives off a certain "women can't do comedy" vibe.

I cant name a funny female comedian

Katherine Ryan is about the only funny female (stand-up) comedian I know. Sarah Millican may well be funny but I can't listen to that awful voice.

Miranda Hart isn't even remotely funny. Absolutely terrible.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Feel like folk who really want to tell you how unfunny they find a female comedian should be legally obliged to preface their comments with at least one female comedian they do find funny. Otherwise it gives off a certain "women can't do comedy" vibe.

Ann Budge.

10 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Really enjoyed watching the Stoltman brothers on Worlds Strongest Man. Log into to twitter to give them a follow only to find that Tom Stoltman is a raging ***. p***k. 

That’ll be the steroids!

The women who I find funny and admire their comedic talent aren’t ‘stand up’ comedians, but actors, writers. Exceedingly talented - Caroline Aherne, French & Saunders, Victoria Wood. Joanna Lumley is multi-faceted. Think of all the great female characters in shows - Sybill Fawlty... could go on for ages, but Liverpool v Sheffield Utd is kicking off. 😅

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Happy to judge Miranda Hart on her talent; she doesn't have any. She produces the same kind of smug, comforting Home Counties non-comedy as Michael McIntyre. I assume she's the niece of somebody high up at the BBC.

Oh no, much higher in society than the BBC

Parent(s) Diana Luce
David Hart Dyke
Relatives

Hart is a fourth cousin, twice removed, of Diana, Princess of Wales.[15] Their common ancestors were George Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer and his wife Lavinia Spencer, Countess Spencer. Through the 2nd Earl Spencer, both Miranda and Diana descend from Margaret Pole, Countess of Salisbury. If Lucy Walter's younger child Mary did have royal paternity as she maintained throughout her life, Hart is the ten-times-great-granddaughter of Charles II of England

You all just watch what your typing about "Our Marinda".  

Edited by SlipperyP