Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who circulate a message around this time of the calendar, saying ‘’We won’t be sending Christmas cards out this year’ then adding some sort of grandiose statement, saying ‘We will instead be making a donation to (insert some obscure charity) so close to our hearts’ or ‘its our way of doing our bit to save the planet’.

Why not just be honest and say, ‘’there’s no fucking way, we are spending a whole Sunday afternoon writing insincere greetings to distant friends and miserable relatives, with whom we have hardly spoken a word all year, you are just not worth the time and expense of buying and posting a card’’

I think people would be much more understanding and appreciative, particularly at this festive time of goodwill and cheer?

Just the 3 complaints today.

When you buy tickets for people as a present and the bloody ticket company put the price on the ticket and not just in the invoice shite.

Fucking Gumtree.

Selling a few items before we end up with more shite at Xmas and the amount of folk either taking the piss with offers or the ones who ask about the item and that's the end of the conversation.

Brings me nicely to my 3rd moan and the amount of shite you invariably get for Xmas.

I spend a large amount of time trying to buy something folk actually want and it seems folk just shut their eyes and play pin the tail on the donkey when buying me utter garbage.

Thanks for the gift voucher for a shop I don't go in.

Thanks for the jumper in a colour I've never worn in my life.

I can see you put 3 seconds into what to get me. Glad I wasted a day looking for you now.

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Just the 3 complaints today.

When you buy tickets for people as a present and the bloody ticket company put the price on the ticket and not just in the invoice shite.

Fucking Gumtree.

Selling a few items before we end up with more shite at Xmas and the amount of folk either taking the piss with offers or the ones who ask about the item and that's the end of the conversation.

Brings me nicely to my 3rd moan and the amount of shite you invariably get for Xmas.

I spend a large amount of time trying to buy something folk actually want and it seems folk just shut their eyes and play pin the tail on the donkey when buying me utter garbage.

Thanks for the gift voucher for a shop I don't go in.

Thanks for the jumper in a colour I've never worn in my life.

I can see you put 3 seconds into what to get me. Glad I wasted a day looking for you now.

How many people buy you presents you big wean?

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Nothing really but it's mostly unnecessary other than kids. Can you even remember what you got off half your relatives last year?

I got Amazon vouchers from both my sons, and the year before that, and .....