Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

27 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Or his famous American uncle called Johnny. 😎

13 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Johnny Contactless playing on the radio, Campbell Chip'n'Pin in goal for St Mirren. 

Already done, numbnuts. 

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

What a time to be alive!

Indeed.

For avoidance of doubt, it was a smoked sausage supper that I bought by myself.  I was not accompanied into the chip shop by somebody dressed as a smoked sausage (entirely feasible on polling day).

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Indeed.

For avoidance of doubt, it was a smoked sausage supper that I bought by myself.  I was not accompanied into the chip shop by somebody dressed as a smoked sausage (entirely feasible on polling day).

Visit from the Pedant Police neatly avoided there. 

Checking back in to this thread after a few days and seeing the cash/card debate still rumbling on is amusing.

On the subject of locals, my local was cash only. It's now been converted in to a nursery, because it failed, like all businesses that don't move with the times deserve to.

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

On the subject of locals, my local was cash only. It's now been converted in to a nursery, because it failed, like all businesses that don't move with the times deserve to.

Can't have been a very good pub if people stopped going purely because they had to use cash.

Received an offer for my house today, which was 13k less than an offer I rejected earlier in the week.  The person making the offer knew the figure of the one I previously I rejected.  The estate agent told her there was literally no point, her reply was 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

16 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

At kelvin hall for food while the bairn is in a class, asked for a baked potato and beans.

Lassie brings the plate out, baked potato and beans which is what I ordered, but it was placed on top of a napkin...

Why the f**k do they do that? Does my head in, food sticks to it and it's such a waste.

8 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Received an offer for my house today, which was 13k less than an offer I rejected earlier in the week.  The person making the offer knew the figure of the one I previously I rejected.  The estate agent told her there was literally no point, her reply was 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'.

Are you sure your estate agent’s passed on all of the relevant details to you ?   Maybe this latest offer could actually be  more favourable from your point of view, despite being lower (eg if there are no strings attached and it’s not ,for instance,o conditional on her getting a mortgage or selling another property.