Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Got another one. Old guys at the pub refusing to pay with contactless and holding up queues of people because they want to count out their change to pay, or even worse use notes and have to wait for the barman to go get their change. Could’ve served two people using card in the time it takes them to get their change back.

Barman in the pubs you drink in must be extremely fast if they can serve 2 folk in the seconds it takes to get change out a till

17 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Barman in the pubs you drink in must be extremely fast if they can serve 2 folk in the seconds it takes to get change out a till

And the time it takes for the barman to go back to the till to collect the card machine and coming back, when he could have been sorting out the change.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I like the anonymity of cash. Card and app use uploads your every purchase and location to banks, retailers, global internet and phone companies, Facebook spying on you even when it's switched off. And most likely Governments. It allows them to establish what they think is an accurate psychological profile of you, and decide whether you should be trusted, be employed, offered a mortgage, or put on the watch list. Getting rid of cash altogether is their dream.

Your profile will be defined by absence of credit card transactions. 

"b2 male, likes prossies and ching" 

31 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I like the anonymity of cash. Card and app use uploads your every purchase and location to banks, retailers, global internet and phone companies, Facebook spying on you even when it's switched off. And most likely Governments. It allows them to establish what they think is an accurate psychological profile of you, and decide whether you should be trusted, be employed, offered a mortgage, or put on the watch list. Getting rid of cash altogether is their dream.

image.jpeg.7803b9f0adde405424e5c42e8d1f464a.jpeg

Wee goons on social media trying to convince people what way to vote at this stage. “Hmm I was undecided but then I saw wee John from Dunbar saying how the Tories are bad and that’s my mind made up. Didn’t have a clue they were so bad until he tweeted it!”. 

Wee goons on social media trying to convince people what way to vote at this stage. “Hmm I was undecided but then I saw wee John from Dunbar saying how the Tories are bad and that’s my mind made up. Didn’t have a clue they were so bad until he tweeted it!”. 

Beats the mainstream media goons trying to convince everyone to vote Tory imo. I just hope all the “wee john’s” do actually bother to vote and aren’t just saying it to be cool or for #numbers

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Beats the mainstream media goons trying to convince everyone to vote Tory imo. I just hope all the “wee john’s” do actually bother to vote and aren’t just saying it to be cool or for #numbers

Have to be honest I’ve never noticed the media trying to convince anyone to vote Tory. I don’t pay much attention to all that garbage when it comes to elections though.

It’s definitely for #numbers though. 

Have to be honest I’ve never noticed the media trying to convince anyone to vote Tory. I don’t pay much attention to all that garbage when it comes to elections though.
It’s definitely for #numbers though. 

It’s been difficult to escape tbh - thankfully I’ve only really been exposed to it on twitter where it’s people calling it out.
I suspect you’re right, but if it helps a few people vote against the tories rather than not vote I’m willing to accept it as an annoying, necessary evil. I did used to maintain I’d rather folk voted tory than not vote but with the election looming I retract that way of thinking.

So, basically people on here are saying that you are an idiot if you carry cash and should wrong you for doing so?? Really, what a lot of shite. If it's what people want to do, shut the f**k up and let them get on with it.

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

Mind and make a post about it next time you address the UN and are nominated for a Nobel Prize M74. 

And what are her contributions to climate science that qualify her to address the UN and nominated?

Zero. The Greta cult is just virtue-signalling by a bunch of creepy politicians and journalists.