Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 hours ago, Shotgun said:

There's a Chinese restaurant in our town which has been in business for years despite
a) being bloody awful and
b) rarely having any indication of customers being inside.
c) most restaurants round here not lasting anywhere near that long.

I often used to joke about it being a front for the Tongs until an acquaintance from New York explained to me that yes, that's exactly what it is. Apparently they have little restaurants all over the US which is how they wash their cash.

Tongs ya bass!

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Got another one. Old guys at the pub refusing to pay with contactless and holding up queues of people because they want to count out their change to pay, or even worse use notes and have to wait for the barman to go get their change. Could’ve served two people using card in the time it takes them to get their change back.

Moving to a cashless society would at least have one benefit. It would see the end of auld cnuts who carry a pile of coins in their Farah polyester slacks pockets, for no other reason than they constantly want to stand rattling and endlessly stirring the coins around in their pocket. Fcuking change-rattling tourettes. Get these cnuts tae’ fcuk.... see also, auld duffers who feel the need to constantly whistle tuneless shite. Shooting genuinely is too good. We all grow old, but if anyone sees me rattling a pile of pennies in my charcoal grey slacks while whistling a tune that isn’t even a tune, then please, hit me over the head with a brick.

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Moving to a cashless society would at least have one benefit. It would see the end of auld cnuts who carry a pile of coins in their Farah polyester slacks pockets, for no other reason than they constantly want to stand rattling and endlessly stirring the coins around in their pocket. Fcuking change-rattling tourettes. Get these cnuts tae’ fcuk.... see also, auld duffers who feel the need to constantly whistle tuneless shite. Shooting genuinely is too good. We all grow old, but if anyone sees me rattling a pile of pennies in my charcoal grey slacks while whistling a tune that isn’t even a tune, then please, hit me over the head with a brick.

^^^^^^hates Still Game.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

I took the misses out on Friday night after her graduation, got back fire the suit in the cupboard.

Went to east fife to watch falkirk and realised I’d left my wallet with in my suit jacket. Realised when I got to the ground I didn’t have cash for anything to eat so had to nip round to somewhere that took Apple Pay. Absolutely annoyed at myself for it as I had been prepared and put an extra 20 in the wallet for the football and meant I had a tenner in case I needed it for something. (Thankfully bought my ticket the Saturday before)

Is she called Morelos?

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I always carry cash as it avoids situations where you order drink/food etc and look like a fucking idiot for not having the ability to pay.

I’d get laughed out of my local pub for trying to pay with card.

I like your local. Also admire your adult stance to carrying cash to pay for things..

People wrongly starting a sentence with ‘So’ when talking. ‘So’ can be used, no doubt, in speech when used as a conjunction commencing a point, but it’s overused nowadays, with people utilising it to give themselves space to think perhaps.

Recently, I gave my doctor, a locum, a chiding for starting three sentences needlessly with ‘so’, and she sat looking stunned, hurt even, for a few seconds.

It boils my piss when people use ‘so’ as a filled pause, even more than when women used to greet friends and work colleagues with ‘How’s you?’. Uninspiring salutation, you’d have to agree.

So…... 

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk that stand at a pedestrian crossing without pushing the button and wonder why it takes so long for the lights to change.

Most of these things are on timers are they not?

unless it's a random one on a straight road.

People wrongly starting a sentence with ‘So’ when talking. ‘So’ can be used, no doubt, in speech when used as a conjunction commencing a point, but it’s overused nowadays, with people utilising it to give themselves space to think perhaps.

Recently, I gave my doctor, a locum, a chiding for starting three sentences needlessly with ‘so’, and she sat looking stunned, hurt even, for a few seconds.

It boils my piss when people use ‘so’ as a filled pause, even more than when women used to greet friends and work colleagues with ‘How’s you?’. Uninspiring salutation, you’d have to agree.

So…... 
So f**k