Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Are atms powered by batteries?

Which is why you should always be prepared and have withdrawn the cash at some earlier point.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

They bring out those carbon paper contraptions from the 80s. Last happened to me in a huge queue for petrol in a motorway services at 3am which was a delight let me tell you.

If only there had been some formalised barter system that you could have used instead. And would you really want to go through the swiping thing to buy a copy of the Daily Record?

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Then I won’t want to buy the milk I was in the shop for anyway so I’ll go home/for a kerb crawl. What’s your point? 

And if you were in the shop for a Daily Record? Besides, card machines can go out of action for reasons other than a power cut - the network can go down without the electricity being off.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Which is why you should always be prepared and have withdrawn the cash at some earlier point.

If only there had been some formalised barter system that you could have used instead. And would you really want to go through the swiping thing to buy a copy of the Daily Record?

And if you were in the shop for a Daily Record? Besides, card machines can go out of action for reasons other than a power cut - the network can go down without the electricity being off.

People who still buy the Daily Record probably don't know how to use contactless anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Gordon has convinced me. I’m away to withdraw my life savings in cash just in case something that happens extremely rarely happens at a time where I’m buying something that isn’t essential! I couldn’t go without the Daily Record, I couldn’t just go to another shop, I’d simply never get over it.

Thanks Gordo! 

Edited by Muzza81

14 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Not having cash on you is the behaviour of an  unprepared idiot. 

Sure, we live in this day and age where you can use contactless cards, phone, etc. And that's great. I love the convenience of it. But I always carry cash on me. Old fashioned in some of you young pup's eyes I guess, yet I'm no the one moaning about not being able to pay for something because I don't have the means to.  

Have the means. Don't be moaning about something because you've fucked up. You've assumed everything would suit you. Very modern trend that. 

Put a tenner in your wallet FFS!!! 

:lol:

Calls people who don't carry cash "unprepared idiots"...

13 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

But hey, carry on with the slurs and no doubt feeling all superior if you like :)

...then has a wee complaint when someone throws an insult back.

So far the only reason I can see that anyone would carry cash are 1. a shop only accepts cash or 2. in case the world is about to end and there's no electricity anywhere. Both of those situations are highly rare and unlikely (in our lifetime anyway). You acknowledge yourself that we're moving to a cashless society, so calling folk who have already stopped using cash "unprepared idiots" seems a bit wide of the mark.

People thinking that a forum retort that they do not agree with, pointing out that maybe, just maybe, they're at fault and it's not all about them, means that somehow the poster must be absolutely riled at their actions. 

23 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

People thinking that a forum retort that they do not agree with, pointing out that maybe, just maybe, they're at fault and it's not all about them, means that somehow the poster must be absolutely riled at their actions. 

Yeah you have to laugh when someone thinks they're being a clever troll because someone replied to them.

Yeah you caught me.  Hook, line and sinker. I replied to your point and we engaged in conversation. I feel silly now

Got another one. Old guys at the pub refusing to pay with contactless and holding up queues of people because they want to count out their change to pay, or even worse use notes and have to wait for the barman to go get their change. Could’ve served two people using card in the time it takes them to get their change back.

Not having cash on you is the behaviour of an  unprepared idiot. 
Sure, we live in this day and age where you can use contactless cards, phone, etc. And that's great. I love the convenience of it. But I always carry cash on me. Old fashioned in some of you young pup's eyes I guess, yet I'm no the one moaning about not being able to pay for something because I don't have the means to.  
Have the means. Don't be moaning about something because you've fucked up. You've assumed everything would suit you. Very modern trend that. 
Put a tenner in your wallet FFS!!! 
:lol:

I took the misses out on Friday night after her graduation, got back fire the suit in the cupboard.

Went to east fife to watch falkirk and realised I’d left my wallet with in my suit jacket. Realised when I got to the ground I didn’t have cash for anything to eat so had to nip round to somewhere that took Apple Pay. Absolutely annoyed at myself for it as I had been prepared and put an extra 20 in the wallet for the football and meant I had a tenner in case I needed it for something. (Thankfully bought my ticket the Saturday before)