Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not having cash on you is the behaviour of an  unprepared idiot. 

Sure, we live in this day and age where you can use contactless cards, phone, etc. And that's great. I love the convenience of it. But I always carry cash on me. Old fashioned in some of you young pup's eyes I guess, yet I'm no the one moaning about not being able to pay for something because I don't have the means to.  

Have the means. Don't be moaning about something because you've fucked up. You've assumed everything would suit you. Very modern trend that. 

Put a tenner in your wallet FFS!!! 

:lol:

There's a Chinese restaurant in our town which has been in business for years despite
a) being bloody awful and
b) rarely having any indication of customers being inside.
c) most restaurants round here not lasting anywhere near that long.

I often used to joke about it being a front for the Tongs until an acquaintance from New York explained to me that yes, that's exactly what it is. Apparently they have little restaurants all over the US which is how they wash their cash.

9 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Sure, we live in this day and age where you can use contactless cards, phone, etc. And that's great. I love the convenience of it. But I always carry cash on me. Old fashioned in some of you young pup's eyes I guess, yet I'm no the one moaning about not being able to pay for something because I don't have the means to.  

Have the means. Don't be moaning about something because you've fucked up. You've assumed everything would suit you. Very modern trend that. 

The laziness of it gets me.

Sure I use contactless and switch all the time but I also have cash.

Everyone will pass Cash machines all day long but laziness stops these people from taking 2 secs to think that they might need cash later for those drinks etc.

There are a few ice cream parlours in Clacks that open way into the evening and are always empty, of course, as they're ice cream parlours in wee Scottish towns that open through the coldest parts of the day.

Clearly entirely legitimate businesses IMO.

13 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

And what happens when you spend that £10 and go someone else and need cash? What if what you’ve bought is £11?

Considering it’s not the 1980’s when cash machines were a rarity (I assume) I’ll take my chances not carrying any cash. Especially if it winds up people like you. 

Cash is for kerb crawlers.

4 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

And what happens when you spend that £10 and go someone else and need cash? What if what you’ve bought is £11?

Considering it’s not the 1980’s when cash machines were a rarity (I assume) I’ll take my chances not carrying any cash. Especially if it winds up people like you. 

It does have its uses...

11 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Well you could go get another tenner. Or maybe even 2. It's not difficult. 

What if? What if? Keep them coming. 

There is still no excuse for not having a little cash on you IMO. But hey, carry on with the slurs and no doubt feeling all superior if you like :)

Sure, the day will come when we're cashless society but it's not just yet is it? Wandering around continually thinking it is and you'll be in the calling cards (sic) of moron's thread. 

Or a kerb crawler or something ;)

My PSA score was off the charts. Feel fit as a fiddle though, it's weird. If anyone's reading this and over 40, demand a regular check up, the doctor said I'd probably had it for years with next to no symptoms.

Just out curiosity, what was your score? I had prostatitis for a while and when i had my appointment with the consultant he said that mines we’re initially at 31, but like you felt absolutely fine.

30 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Just out curiosity, what was your score? I had prostatitis for a while and when i had my appointment with the consultant he said that mines we’re initially at 31, but like you felt absolutely fine.

Think he said 123. Normal's under 3. Had mildly achy balls occasionally, and a feeling my bladder wasn't empty after going for a pish. Just thought it was getting old, he said he gets that a lot. Get checked, people, and often. The finger up the bum isn't as bad as it sounds, well not quite as bad.

Edited by welshbairn

Think he said 123. Normal's under 3. Had mildly achy balls occasionally, and a feeling my bladder wasn't empty after going for a pish. Just thought it was getting old, he said he gets that a lot. Get checked, people, and often.

The finger up the bum isn't as bad as it sounds, well not quite as bad.

Oooft. And i thought mines were high. I last had mines done, last year and they were back down to 3. But i have been tempted to go back since, but thought they will just tell me that it’s not really required as I don’t have any symptoms. I am only 37 mind you as well.

What is it billy connolly says? It’s painful going in, but coming back out wasn’t the most unpleasant feeling i have had.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

What happens if there's a power cut and the card machines aren't working?

Pretty sure I saw a TV programme not so long ago where they explained that if cash completely disappeared, it would be a complete disaster. Fcuked if I can remember why it would be a disaster though. Google is about to be my friend....