Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Had an MRI last week, they make you were headphones, good playlist they had at Ninewells, went with Led Zep.

Thank you.

I had one 2 months ago and the dicks put the headphones on at the last minute, TFM radio for 45 minutes,  I just wanted to die. They also don't make these things for burly 6' 4" lads

I had to have an MRI head scan done a couple of years ago at Monklands Hospital in Airdrie (let’s now take a moment to crack the ‘didn’t find a brain in there’ gag)... right, moving along swiftly!...

They told me in advance that they would provide non-metallic special earphones, but you could bring an MP3 player or something with music on. I loaded an AC/DC mix onto an old iPod touch and off I went. The nurses got to the earphones part of the thing, and I told them I had AC/DC on the iPod. Turned out they were both metal fans - Maiden, Soundgarden, etc. Had a brief conversation about rock music, then off we went. The scan started, no music. The noises from the machine were very disconcerting, but I figured the music would start soon. It didn’t. I had no real idea how much time had passed, I had planned to count each song as about 5 mins passing, but as I had no real idea, I didn’t signal for them to abort. I could just about handle it and didn’t want to have to re-start the whole thing from scratch. The noises were pretty awful, but I was starting to make up words in my head to fit the repetitive loud scan noises... Wish - this - fcuking - thing - would - end.... Where’s - fcuking - AC - DC... This - Is - Like - Being - Trapped - In - A - Coffin - With - Rammstein - B Sides....

At long last, the scan ended. The nurses came over, asked if everything was OK. ‘What happened to the music!? I never heard anything!’... ‘Oh bollocks’ came the reply, never plugged in your connection... sorry! We loved it though, especially the Bon Scott ones’.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I had to have an MRI head scan done a couple of years ago at Monklands Hospital in Airdrie (let’s now take a moment to crack the ‘didn’t find a brain in there’ gag)... right, moving along swiftly!...

They told me in advance that they would provide non-metallic special earphones, but you could bring an MP3 player or something with music on. I loaded an AC/DC mix onto an old iPod touch and off I went. The nurses got to the earphones part of the thing, and I told them I had AC/DC on the iPod. Turned out they were both metal fans - Maiden, Soundgarden, etc. Had a brief conversation about rock music, then off we went. The scan started, no music. The noises from the machine were very disconcerting, but I figured the music would start soon. It didn’t. I had no real idea how much time had passed, I had planned to count each song as about 5 mins passing, but as I had no real idea, I didn’t signal for them to abort. I could just about handle it and didn’t want to have to re-start the whole thing from scratch. The noises were pretty awful, but I was starting to make up words in my head to fit the repetitive loud scan noises... Wish - this - fcuking - thing - would - end.... Where’s - fcuking - AC - DC... This - Is - Like - Being - Trapped - In - A - Coffin - With - Rammstein - B Sides....

At long last, the scan ended. The nurses came over, asked if everything was OK. ‘What happened to the music!? I never heard anything!’... ‘Oh bollocks’ came the reply, never plugged in your connection... sorry! We loved it though, especially the Bon Scott ones’.

They were probably tucking into a big tin of Quality Street as well. IMO.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

People who think they're superior to everybody else because they refuse to carry cash. They must be a fucking riot when they're trying to buy a paper off the old guy on the corner.

^^^ Attempts to sell papers on street corners.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

People who think they're superior to everybody else because they refuse to carry cash. They must be a fucking riot when they're trying to buy a paper off the old guy on the corner.

Given people who don't carry cash do so because they live in the 21st century, I highly doubt this problem will arise.

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Bizarre post. I don’t think I’m superior for not carrying cash, it’s just a far easier method of paying for things to use contactless so it’s frustrating when a shop/cafe refuse to accept card at all.

7 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Cash only places must be money laundering fronts. I see no other justification for such archaic practices.

I don't know about money laundering, but I noticed a while back that a roll shop I frequent only takes cash, and never has a paper roll in the till, so I presume they're fiddling their taxes.

Thinking about it, the same goes for a local chip shop that writes down and calculates the orders by hand, despite having a till. Hmm.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Given people who don't carry cash do so because they live in the 21st century, I highly doubt this problem will arise.

Prince Andrew doesn't carry cash, which says it all if you ask me.