Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

29 minutes ago, philpy said:

When you are struggling to get a parking Space when shopping, and you see someone going to a car, and think, right, I'll get that space when they move off, but no, they sit and f**k about on their phone

When you’ve done your shopping, you get into the car, and you phone the missus’ to say you’re heading home, does she fancy a takeaway brought home? You look up, and there’s an agitated cnut, double-parked, hazards on, glaring at you like you are parked in their private car parking spot in a public Tesco car park. Blocking the car park, causing problems. Fcuk off and find a space elsewhere cnut - I’m not finished here. 😀

Folk who constantly switch lanes in busy traffic thinking it will get them to the junction quicker. 
Often times it's that behaviour that actually causes the traffic jam as you get a concertina effect further back causing people to brake etc. There was a segment on some TV show a decade or so ago explaining why sometimes heavy traffic seems to clear with no accident, breakdown or junction seemingly to blame which explained it all yet it still happens. Although, c***s on the Road thread for this pish.

The weans using their card to buy a single pint while their pal waits, gets served next and buys the same pint also paying card are the worst by far. How to buy a round should be taught in school.
I thought that was a myth on here until recently. I seen it with my own eyes and was utterly furious.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Often times it's that behaviour that actually causes the traffic jam as you get a concertina effect further back causing people to brake etc. There was a segment on some TV show a decade or so ago explaining why sometimes heavy traffic seems to clear with no accident, breakdown or junction seemingly to blame which explained it all yet it still happens. Although, c***s on the Road thread for this pish.

Image result for how traffic jams happen gif

Edited by The Moonster

Shops that turn their heating up way too high when it's cold outside.

The fact it's so cold means most customers are generally wearing jumpers and jackets - and really don't need the sauna effect produced whilst browsing around the tat on offer.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, The Golden God said:
The weans using their card to buy a single pint while their pal waits, gets served next and buys the same pint also paying card are the worst by far. How to buy a round should be taught in school.

I thought that was a myth on here until recently. I seen it with my own eyes and was utterly furious.

I originally thought this was mainly the fresh faced students doing this before they eventually get how it works in their second semester in the city. Not the case, I've seen it with grown men and its absolutely ridiculous. 

Cafés with sit in versus take away prices. Just figure out what price will turn a profit averaged across both kinds of customer and stop making me feel like I've been swindled for wanting my coffee in a ceramic cup!

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think there may be VAT implications for eating in or takeaway on some places?

Cafés with sit in versus take away prices. Just figure out what price will turn a profit averaged across both kinds of customer and stop making me feel like I've been swindled for wanting my coffee in a ceramic cup!
I think it's because they need to charge VAT if you sit in

I don’t see the issue in paying more for sitting in. If I buy, let’s say, a takeaway coffee and a caramel shortcake. I’m out the door with both items and a carboard cup. Sit in, and I get a proper china cup, saucer, spoon, shortcake on a proper plate with a knife, and the whole thing on a tray. Then I get to use the establishment’s chairs, tables, enjoy the comfort of their heating. When finished, just stand up and walk away, leaving staff to collect the tray, and all the crockery needs washed too. I don’t see the issue - I’m getting something tangible for the extra. Having said that, and I have mentioned this a few times. There should be a three-tier charging system in coffee shops the world over....

1. Takeaway

2. Sit-in.

3. Sit-in before whipping out a laptop and thinking a coffee shop is your office. You studenty wanks.

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think there may be VAT implications for eating in or takeaway on some places?

I'm sure there was no VAT on takeaways until Thatcher brought it in. So there should be no difference now.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Shops that turn their heating up way too high when it's cold outside.

The fact it's so cold means most customers are generally wearing jumpers and jackets - and really don't need the sauna effect produced whilst browsing around the tat on offer.

Aye f**k the staff, let them freeze!