Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It really is a shite idea when you think on it, when I did these as a wee guy nobody ever told you how to pack bags, and whilst it's obviously logical to most that putting eggs underneath something heavy is a silly idea, when you're 10 years old and standing in Morrisons on a Saturday morning, you don't really give a f**k about whether someone gets their eggs up the road okay. There must be plenty of other things schools/kids football teams can do to raise money other than getting in the way of people doing their weekly.

Image result for kenneth williams

Put your stuff on the belt heaviest to lightest, makes packing a lot easier. It's also easy if you f**k it up (or at least don't pack it to your other half's standards) several times till you come to an agreement that she packs, you pay and carry them home.

On a non-messages related PTTGOYN, I was watching the show The First 48, they spoke to a woman who had the surname Campbell, she told a detective her surname was Camp Bell, like Camp David, get Americans in the fucking sea! 

Edited by Torpar

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

Put your stuff on the belt heaviest to lightest, makes packing a lot easier. It's also easy if you f**k it up (or at least don't pack it to your other half's standards) several times till you come to an agreement that she packs, you pay and carry them home.

On a non-messages related PTTGOYN, I was watching the show The First 48, they spoke to a woman who had the surname Campbell, she told a detective her surname was Camp Bell, like Camp David, get Americans in the fucking sea! 

On your first point, it doesn't guarantee the heavy stuff will get scanned first. I often have to wait while several items are scanned before my milk is done, as obviously I can't put them in the shopping bag first.

On your second point, totally agree. One that annoys me is when they pronounce Mackay to rhyme with 'say' and not 'sky'.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

On your first point, it doesn't guarantee the heavy stuff will get scanned first. I often have to wait while several items are scanned before my milk is done, as obviously I can't put them in the shopping bag first.

On your second point, totally agree. One that annoys me is when they pronounce Mackay to rhyme with 'say' and not 'sky'.

11 hours ago, Torpar said:

Maybe related to this guy?

11 hours ago, Torpar said:

I was following SatNav directions last night, and it pronounced Castlecary as Cast-le-carry.

2 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I was following SatNav directions last night, and it pronounced Castlecary as Cast-le-carry.

Sat Nav on my wife’s car pronounces Kincardine Bridge as ‘Kink-Car-Deen’. We didn’t need directions to the Kincardine Bridge, it’s just up the road from us. Just put her on as we like the way the wee wummin’ in the glovebox says Kincardine. The Sat Nav in my car is more advanced. Key in ‘St Mirren Park’, and they pronounce it ‘For fcuk sake Obika’.

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It really is a shite idea when you think on it, when I did these as a wee guy nobody ever told you how to pack bags, and whilst it's obviously logical to most that putting eggs underneath something heavy is a silly idea, when you're 10 years old and standing in Morrisons on a Saturday morning, you don't really give a f**k about whether someone gets their eggs up the road okay. There must be plenty of other things schools/kids football teams can do to raise money other than getting in the way of people doing their weekly.

Awkward as f**k these days with too many people not carrying cash and using the card for the shopping.

Got to stand all embarrassed that you've no change for the kid who's put your bread beneath your apples.

It's probably been said 1000 times especially when drink threads start but I despise people thinking it's acceptable to go for a night out and carry zero cash.

All these fucking millennials stood round paying for their £13 round with fucking switch.

It's pure laziness you didn't go to a bank and nothing else ya wee cock

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Folk who constantly switch lanes in busy traffic thinking it will get them to the junction quicker. 

Lassie cut me up yesterday by shooting down the left lane (which is a left turn only)and then cutting Infront of me without even asking.

She got 1 hell of a blast from my horn and the death stare when she looked in her rear view mirror.

She probably saved 5 secs doing this as she was only 2 cars behind me to start with. Fucking boot

15 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

It's probably been said 1000 times especially when drink threads start but I despise people thinking it's acceptable to go for a night out and carry zero cash.

All these fucking millennials stood round paying for their £13 round with fucking switch.

It's pure laziness you didn't go to a bank and nothing else ya wee cock

I find that's it quicker using contactless to pay rather than paying cash and waiting for change.

When you are struggling to get a parking Space when shopping, and you see someone going to a car, and think, right, I'll get that space when they move off, but no, they sit and f**k about on their phone

Just now, KillieCon said:

I find that's it quicker using contactless to pay rather than paying cash and waiting for change.

It is quicker but going for a night out drinking with your mates and refusing to get cash is pure lazy and shouldn't be encouraged.

No excuses.

13 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Lassie cut me up yesterday by shooting down the left lane (which is a left turn only)and then cutting Infront of me without even asking.

She got 1 hell of a blast from my horn and the death stare when she looked in her rear view mirror.

She probably saved 5 secs doing this as she was only 2 cars behind me to start with. Fucking boot

Same thing happened to me with a BMW driver, although I didn't beep my horn or give him a death stare, just pressed the brakes and threw my arms up like this:

Image result for throw hands up gif

On looking in his rear view mirror and seeing my reaction, he pulled back in to the left lane and slowed down until I was along side him, rolled down his window and launched a tirade of abuse at me.

I imagine the guy wasn't having a very good morning and more than likely killed his family at some point later that day.

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

It is quicker but going for a night out drinking with your mates and refusing to get cash is pure lazy and shouldn't be encouraged.

No excuses.

Utter pish. What difference does it make? Plus you don't end up with pub pocket. 

I really don't see what the issue is? Why would you need cash?

I tend to agree with this. However the problem arises when you’ve got 5 or 6 wee dicks all together, paying individually by card, when if they had cash, they could each give their mate the cash & do one transaction. Of course, the sensible option would be to buy drinks in rounds like normal people.