Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

24 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Maybe he is, but how does that make me sexist?

He got slightly touchy when it was mentioned that he had a hairdressers car.

If he's offering short back and sides he's a barber, not a hairdresser.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I never said he was, I said his car was a hairdresser's car.

I didn't say you did, but it's not a hairdresser's car, it's a barber's car (pursuant to him actually offering short back and sides, rather than his offer being a figment of @Trackdaybob's frenzied imagination).

Whoever is responsible for the macros that produce the live text match reports on the BBC website deserves a good kicking. Whenever a penalty is awarded it's described like this:

Penalty Edinburgh City. Blair Henderson draws a foul in the penalty area.

Who the hell uses a phrase like "draws a foul"?

Also, when a penalty is missed, it's described as "so-and-so wastes a golden opportunity" - even if it's in a penalty shootout!

52 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Whoever is responsible for the macros that produce the live text match reports on the BBC website deserves a good kicking. Whenever a penalty is awarded it's described like this:

Also, when a penalty is missed, it's described as "so-and-so wastes a golden opportunity" - even if it's in a penalty shootout!

Americans. And BBC employees/contractors/consultants.

Went to my local co-op, closed at 11pm, arrived at 10.56 and the fuckers had locked the doors and were putting the shutters down. Nearest 24 hour shop is a 15 minute drive and I’m no driving that far for cashew nuts.

Philpy likes this.  

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

It's meaningless neutral speak to balance two opposing points of view:- Rovers fans would say "Henderson fell down like a sack of tatties, the cheating b*****d" whereas City fans would say "Ermm... definite penalty there.. oh yes... :unsure2:"

People who don't listen to what they are told or grief culture, can't decide which this falls under.
Friend of mine has a heart attack 10 days ago, he got out of hospital a week ago.
This morning he didn't wake up.
As friends and family are still being informed it was requested that nothing posted on social media until those close to him are informed.
His brother is dealing with it all at the moment.
The amount of utter oxygen thieves known to be in the group of close friends that have posted on his timeline is unbelievable.
Either keen to be seen to care it wanting to be first. He can't see it so why do it?

People who don't listen to what they are told or grief culture, can't decide which this falls under.
Friend of mine has a heart attack 10 days ago, he got out of hospital a week ago.
This morning he didn't wake up.
As friends and family are still being informed it was requested that nothing posted on social media until those close to him are informed.
His brother is dealing with it all at the moment.
The amount of utter oxygen thieves known to be in the group of close friends that have posted on his timeline is unbelievable.
Either keen to be seen to care it wanting to be first. He can't see it so why do it?
Attention seeking c***s imo.

My mate's daughter has never spoken to one of her best friends again since she got married. Despite specifically asking everybody at the wedding not to put any pictures of the bride and groom on Facebook until they had the chance to post them first, her pal couldn't help herself and posted pictures as soon as she got home. Just pure "look at meeeee" stuff imo.

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Another breakfast and another rant at the stupid tabs that are supposed to keep the lid closed on the top of the cereal box. They don't work. This is no way to start a morning. Think it's just coffee and toast for breakfast now.

They make them smaller than they used to, I swear. That, and the cardboard is thinner now, so it doesn't hold together as well.

This is real nursing home chat, isn't it?