Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
45 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Who was it on here that was adamant a pint of coke was the best beverage to compliment a curry ffs?

What is, IYO?

Lager (no not that one), water or a lactose based beverage.

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lager (no not that one), water or a lactose based beverage.

I've always thought the curry and a pint cliche to be really bizarre. Dont think it works at all. Curry way too fillong to fire lager over the top of it. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I've always thought the curry and a pint cliche to be really bizarre. Dont think it works at all. Curry way too fillong to fire lager over the top of it. 

Don’t get me wrong. I could never sit and fire through the pints with a curry but a nice cold beer over the course is perfect imo.

Coke is just mental.

Don’t get me wrong. I could never sit and fire through the pints with a curry but a nice cold beer over the course is perfect imo.
Coke is just mental.

I have a pint with food now and again if out with my mates, but even then I generally find alcohol with any meal is massively overrated.

And before anyone starts mentioning wine, all wine should be poured down the drain. Putrid stuff.

I have a pint with food now and again if out with my mates, but even then I generally find alcohol with any meal is massively overrated.

And before anyone starts mentioning wine, all wine should be poured down the drain. Putrid stuff.
Absurd. You've never tried good wine then.

Forgive me if you find this confrontational but why would you have a pint if you were in a (proper) restaurant?

Bar meal = pints.
Restaurant meal = wine.

Shirley?

Nonsense, it all depends on what the meal is. You're not going to have a pint with coq au vin, nor wine with a steak and ale pie regardless of the venue.

13 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Forgive me if you find this confrontational but why would you have a pint if you were in a (proper) restaurant?

Bar meal = pints.
Restaurant meal = wine.

Shirley?

Given that his normal tipple is probably Buckfast, a pint of Tennents is already a step up.

Nonsense, it all depends on what the meal is. You're not going to have a pint with coq au vin, nor wine with a steak and ale pie regardless of the venue.

I think we’re in the same place but arrived via different routes:

Steak pie = bar meal = pint
Coq au vin = restaurant meal = wine.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with these sentiments?

I would STRONGLY ADVISE you to think very carefully before answering. 

Obviously disagreeing.

If you don't like wine it means you've been drinking shit wine. And I'm not sure having a curry is even worth it without a fine beer to go along with it.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Obviously disagreeing.

If you don't like wine it means you've been drinking shit wine. And I'm not sure having a curry is even worth it without a fine beer to go along with it.

Welcome on board, sir.  Please avail yourself of the free brass flutes and lemon barley.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Absurd. You've never tried good wine then.

A shite argument.

By this logic everyone should like everything, and if they don't then it's just because they haven't had a good version of it.