Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Sorry, I was referring to the Elo rating system.

Though speaking of bands and acronyms is there not something about the car being the Reo Speedwagon but the band being R.E.O. Speedwagon?

Reo Speedwagon was in the year below me at primary school.

Anyway, the commentator on Motd was calling Kenny McLean, McLeen.

Sorry, I was referring to the Elo rating system.

Technically speaking an acronym has to spell an actual word as opposed to being a random set of initials

So up until reading this post I thought ELO wasn’t strictly speaking an acronym but it turns out that it actually is.

eBay, again.

Currently dealing with a woman who started throwing tantrums about her parcel not arriving. Tantrums escalate when told she'd need to wait until the Royal Mail delivery window has closed, as they don't consider it lost until then, and we wouldn't be able to claim compensation. Tantrums intensify when she discovers that 2nd Class post has a loooooong delivery window.

"I needed this for a birthday present!"  Why did you choose the slowest service offered, with no guaranteed delivery date, if you knew you needed it by a certain time?
"I work for the Post Office, you're wrong, I know how to process claims for lost mail!" The Post Office is a totally different company, you lying cow. It's the Royal Mail who deliver the post, and deal with compensation claims. "Ah, but I work for them too!" 
"You said I'd have to wait 15 working days for a refund, but that's 22 days! You're shit at maths!" Working days, missus. Working days. This went on for so long that she clearly had no idea about what a working day actually is; sending her the Wikipedia definition didn't go down too well.

The item cost less than a fucking fiver. I'm basically being a jobsworth stickler just to watch her melt down at this point. After a while, you can spot the folk who are at it a mile off, and are leaving negative feedback regardless of what you do, so you might as well have a little fun.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

eBay, again.

Currently dealing with a woman who started throwing tantrums about her parcel not arriving. Tantrums escalate when told she'd need to wait until the Royal Mail delivery window has closed, as they don't consider it lost until then, and we wouldn't be able to claim compensation. Tantrums intensify when she discovers that 2nd Class post has a loooooong delivery window.

"I needed this for a birthday present!"  Why did you choose the slowest service offered, with no guaranteed delivery date, if you knew you needed it by a certain time?
"I work for the Post Office, you're wrong, I know how to process claims for lost mail!" The Post Office is a totally different company, you lying cow. It's the Royal Mail who deliver the post, and deal with compensation claims. "Ah, but I work for them too!" 
"You said I'd have to wait 15 working days for a refund, but that's 22 days! You're shit at maths!" Working days, missus. Working days. This went on for so long that she clearly had no idea about what a working day actually is; sending her the Wikipedia definition didn't go down too well.

The item cost less than a fucking fiver. I'm basically being a jobsworth stickler just to watch her melt down at this point. After a while, you can spot the folk who are at it a mile off, and are leaving negative feedback regardless of what you do, so you might as well have a little fun.

Get her pumped, Dave.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Get her pumped, Dave.

Tempting to ask if she'd accept a pumping in lieu of a refund. 

Would that be grounds for someone to call the polis? I figure that, of all places, this would be the forum to ask that question.

Tempting to ask if she'd accept a pumping in lieu of a refund. 
Would that be grounds for someone to call the polis? I figure that, of all places, this would be the forum to ask that question.

The correct course of action is a Ruel Street rendezvous, maws welcome.

Technically speaking an acronym has to spell an actual word as opposed to being a random set of initials

So up until reading this post I thought ELO wasn’t strictly speaking an acronym but it turns out that it actually is.

Yas. Someone who knows difference between acronym and initialism.

eBay woman has now lapsed into all-caps DON'T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN! hysteria.

Pointing out that I've only ever replied to her messages hasn't gone down too well. I don't think I'm getting my hole here, lads.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

eBay woman has now lapsed into all-caps DON'T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN! hysteria.

Pointing out that I've only ever replied to her messages hasn't gone down too well. I don't think I'm getting my hole here, lads.

You'd probably deliver to the wrong address anyway.

Useless ballboys at Pittodrie.  I’m convinced that most of them aren’t remotely interested in the game or have any clue as to when it’s appropriate for them to show some urgency to get the ball back in play. And from some of their attempts at throwing the ball to a player you’d think it was a wet medicine ball.

Edited by A96