Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

33 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

FTFY.
I'm a major dug fan (cats can gtf) but I really, really fucking hate pit bulls and I have no patience for people who own them or make apologies for them.

Agreed. Absolutely shite dogs.

20 hours ago, Gaz said:

Other dugs. Or, more specifically, other dug owners.

Last year we adopted a wee rescue dog. She's half-collie, half-labrador. She is a lovely wee thing. When we re-homed her we were told she had had a horrific life and had been rescued from a life of being a 'warm-up' for fighting dogs. She was going to be put to sleep, but she came to us instead.

She is incredibly nervous around other dogs. In the house she's absolutely lovely. But when she's out and sees another dog, she barks, snarls and lunges. Because of this she is never off a lead and is kept under firm control by me.

I am losing patience with the amount of utter c***s around where I live who just let their off-lead dogs wander up to mine and don't make any effort to get theirs back. I've had to resort to shouting to them to get their fucking dog back. Usually it's some daft old person with no strength whatsoever trying to persuade an excited German Shepherd to go back to them, to no avail.

"They're just being friendly!" they shout. Aye, but mine isn't. And if mine gets its jaws on you, it'll be mine that has to suffer.

Dicks.

If your dog doesn't have immediate recall, it shouldn't be off a lead at all.

I've been suffering from this kind of situation also recently. We are currently to clicker training rescue, trying to keep him calm and train him at distance from other dogs but so that he can see them usually ends up in idiots wandering over telling me they'll let him say "hello" as he is getting more and more visually distressed and aggressive. 

On the topics of deliveries and dogs , there are a few regular customers who always struggle to keep their dogs under control when they open the door to me. I feel like asking If it’s never occurred to them to shut the dog in a room before opening the front door.

29 minutes ago, Daydream said:

The iPhone Xr is the slidiest phone ever. Slides off surfaces with no discernible gradient at all. f**k Steve Jobs.

On a similar note...

Seat trays on trains and planes. Made of the slidiest material ever, guaranteed to send your coffee/dinner/phone/anything else not glued down flying at the merest hint of a bump or change in direction.

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Amazes me how few delivery drivers ring my fully functioning doorbell and instead only knock the door in a manner that suggests they have a limp handshake.
You'd be forgiven for thinking that the delivery guy, who's sole job it is to deliver things, doesn't want to deliver the thing that's travelled hundreds of miles to get within 0.5m of your doorway when the intended recipient has made a point of being inside for it. Bizarre behaviour yet it happens all the f***ing time.

So much this.

You spend day after day bashing hundreds of doors am I asking too much you take 1 second to notice my doorbell?

We already know you can't drive for shit like every other delivery driver and you are shit at the other part of your job too.

Minimum wage is too much for some people

50 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Plus, it's got Dee Wallace in it...

31 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Pics or get to. 

There are two versions of the film - IIRC, in one of them, she has an affair and gets her tits out. Not sure which was released on DVD here, but...

Oh, they've gone.

9 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

On a similar note...

Seat trays on trains and planes. Made of the slidiest material ever, guaranteed to send your coffee/dinner/phone/anything else not glued down flying at the merest hint of a bump or change in direction.

Put a paper towel on the table.