Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Nah. The boy seems to be actually doing some work. 

Bring him a cup of tea in a green cup, don't get him off the flow. Then rush out and buy full sevco gear for when you pay him. 

Those punters who buy absolute screeds of lottery tickets every week and who delight in giving you a soul-destroying line by line breakdown on how they managed to fail this time.

Had one do just that in work today...I pointed out to him it was redundant for him to tell me he hadn't won given the fact he'd turned up for work.

4 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Those punters who buy absolute screeds of lottery tickets every week and who delight in giving you a soul-destroying line by line breakdown on how they managed to fail this time.

Had one do just that in work today...I pointed out to him it was redundant for him to tell me he hadn't won given the fact he'd turned up for work.

Two Polish burds in front of me the other day spent £60 on scratchcards.

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Two Polish burds in front of me the other day spent £60 on scratchcards.

Won entry into Ryanair's €1m draw last week. 

The draw is next March. They'll be fucked by then, the cunning so n' so's. 

Edited by Dele

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Won entry into Ryanair's €1m draw last week. 

The draw is next March. They'll be fucked by then, the cunning so n' so's. 

Good Luck  -  You'll need it.   Stopped buying their charity scratchcards about the same time the adverse publicity came out.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1982591/ryanair-slammed-for-fly-to-win-charity-scratch-card-where-odds-of-winning-are-1-2billion1-and-only-small-percentage-of-the-profits-go-to-good-causes/ 

Googling a 'simple recipe' for something then having to scroll through a short story about how they first discovered this recipe and just how much the author's family love this meal, with an ad between each paragraph before actually getting to the recipe itself. 

Theres an absolute ball sack of a contractor working outside my window and he keep randomly shouting "I wanna be Eduard" and "Mon the Celtic" whilst drilling into a brick wall.
Silly annoying fucker.
Don't get me fucking started [emoji23] wife and I were in a pub in Glasgow on Sunday (tollbooth tavern) and two young lads were singing (well, one on guitar, one singing) I thought, we'll hang around to see them, probably some oasis and the beatles, that kind of thing. Was it f**k. Irish, ahem, "folk songs" along with the eduard song, along with a few others. We left rather swiftly.

Did we f**k. The drink was very cheap, and I had a good blether with some decent celtic fans about raith rovers, and the death of sevco.

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Theres an absolute ball sack of a contractor working outside my window and he keep randomly shouting "I wanna be Eduard" and "Mon the Celtic" whilst drilling into a brick wall.

Silly annoying fucker.

fintan.jpg.ded8981880ede1d08fd9f0cad9c96589.jpg

He's had his fun and that's all that matters. 

Some cnut stole the number plates off my car last night.

Not really petty as it's actually pretty serious, but it's gotten on my nerves in a big way.

I imagine you’ve already reported the theft to the Police so that you can rightfully dispute any parking/speeding tickets and allegations of driving off without paying for fuel.

Had both plates stolen a few years ago, told the Police but surprisingly I didn’t get any tickets or knocks at the door accusing that my car had been involved in all sorts.
Maybe they’re just biding their time before committing the country’s biggest ever heist using my stolen plates [emoji23]

5 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Some cnut stole the number plates off my car last night.

Not really petty as it's actually pretty serious, but it's gotten on my nerves in a big way.

What happens in this scenario?  Do they have to re-register your car or do you just stick the same plates on?

What happens in this scenario?  Do they have to re-register your car or do you just stick the same plates on?

You simply replace your plates by presenting your V5 to a place that does replacement plates.
A theft of plates marker with your crime reference number is entered on to the Police National Computer. This in itself will not stop parking/speeding tickets coming your way but at least you can quote a crime reference number to whoever is accusing you in an attempt to clear your name. Thieves can be reasonably clever and steal plates from a donor car that is the same make, model and colour as their one.

Some forces will inform DVLA but they are not bound to do so. If you try to tell DVLA, they’ll just refer you back to the Police. DVLA are blind to any reports or information around theft of number plates and with good reason.

DVLA have a nice income stream by selling registered keepers’ details to both council parking enforcement and private ones as well as foreign agencies who come after you for speeding in France for example. This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means.

You simply replace your plates by presenting your V5 to a place that does replacement plates.
A theft of plates marker with your crime reference number is entered on to the Police National Computer. This in itself will not stop parking/speeding tickets coming your way but at least you can quote a crime reference number to whoever is accusing you in an attempt to clear your name. Thieves can be reasonably clever and steal plates from a donor car that is the same make, model and colour as their one.

Some forces will inform DVLA but they are not bound to do so. If you try to tell DVLA, they’ll just refer you back to the Police. DVLA are blind to any reports or information around theft of number plates and with good reason.

DVLA have a nice income stream by selling registered keepers’ details to both council parking enforcement and private ones as well as foreign agencies who come after you for speeding in France for example. This isn’t an exhaustive list by any means.
Aye, when i went to get replacement plates, the place I went had 2 other folk in this morning with the same model that had theirs stolen too, so they were clearly targeting. Hoping nothing comes of it, but I've got a crime reference number so I'm prepared for any tickets that come in

21 hours ago, Torpar said:

Googling a 'simple recipe' for something then having to scroll through a short story about how they first discovered this recipe and just how much the author's family love this meal, with an ad between each paragraph before actually getting to the recipe itself. 

And their idea of “simple” Is usually very different from mine