Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I did have a laugh once when Mrs Poz ordered burgers for us in a Texas BBQ joint, and the lassie serving just looked at her and replied ‘I love ya’ accent an’ all, but I can’t understand a god-dam’ thing ya’ saying’. 
If I’m watching the news, and there’s farmers or fishermen on from Orkney, or the nether regions of Aberdeenshire - fcuked if I can understand a ‘god-dam thing’ any of those guys are saying.

In Chic Fil A ‘Eddie’ was heard as ‘April’ and in Starbucks the wife was asked for her name for when they write it on the cup ‘Lyndsey’ became ‘Ramsay’.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I did have a laugh once when Mrs Poz ordered burgers for us in a Texas BBQ joint, and the lassie serving just looked at her and replied ‘I love ya’ accent an’ all, but I can’t understand a god-dam’ thing ya’ saying’. 

If I’m watching the news, and there’s farmers or fishermen on from Orkney, or the nether regions of Aberdeenshire - fcuked if I can understand a ‘god-dam thing’ any of those guys are saying.

Eh?

13 hours ago, peasy23 said:
21 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
A couple of seasons back, Dunfermline "goalkeeper" finished one season as Davie Hutton and started the next as David Sinclair-Hutton. 

Tbf, that was to avoid him being confused with the p***k from the Quicksale ads on the radio.

SOLD!

Radio shows with studio presenters that are much louder than their phone interviews, meaning you have to crank up to volume to hear any of the latter, only to get deafened whenever it jumps back to the presenter.  Radio 2 is consistently chronic for this.   

11 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 30/09/2019 at 08:30, pandarilla said:
I don't mind them leading with Asher-Smith, but I object to "wins the women's 100m silver medal".

It's just weird. I had just watched the race and then had to do a double take when I looked on the website.

I object to that as well as 2nd place is first loser.

Tell that to Buzz Aldrin

Radio shows with studio presenters that are much louder than their phone interviews, meaning you have to crank up to volume to hear any of the latter, only to get deafened whenever it jumps back to the presenter.  Radio 2 is consistently chronic for this.   
On radio shows: I don't often listen to the radio but when I do I'm shocked they still speak over the top of songs. Pointless.

1 hour ago, pittsburgh phil said:
4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
On radio shows: I don't often listen to the radio but when I do I'm shocked they still speak over the top of songs. Pointless.

Steve Wright is terrible for this. Even worse, he often sings along over the end of songs, the fat f**k.

Today's whippersnappers will never know the stress of trying to tape record a song off the radio. Waiting for ages until it came round on the airplay rotation, sitting with your fingers poised over the "Play" and "Record" buttons and then having some twat like Simon Bates talking over the first 15 seconds. At least Alan Freeman and John Peel respected the music enough to shut the eff up.

The media's obsession with Banksy. Over-rated attention seeker. Most of his stuff is boring shite.
It's a subtle as a brick through the window. The reason that he's so popular is that even the thickest of celebrities can understand the point he's making, as opposed to most modern art which is a lot more nuanced. You see better political art from your average broadsheet cartoonist.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Steve Wright is a pain in the arse, can’t stand the “serious jockin” patter.

I love the way he reads out folks opinions of him and the show, like "Hey Steve, great show can you play some Ed Sheeren for my husband Colin, he thinks you're great."

I often text into the show, although he never reads mine out, they usually read "Your show is shit and I think you're a c**t, gonna play some Prodigy?"