Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 17/09/2019 at 17:29, Dee Man said:

I tried to read A Brief History Of Time once but got bored by the third page - does anyone know if Stephen Hawking explained why, on average, the minutes on break times at work go approximately 4 times faster than when you're working?

Because time is relative, although the actual measured time is consistent our own experiences of it vary due to loads of emotional and environmental elements.

For example, Stephen hawking felt he was having his teeth brushed for 2 hours when in fact it was really only 30 seconds.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm currently seeing an advert for the University of Northampton's Open Day. WTF? 

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Before I went platinum all I got was adverts for Russian hookers. Consider yourself respected.

These adverts are tailored to your browsing history. Presumable tamthebam has been researching pubs in Northampton, while welshbairn...

Update. 

Edinburgh derby now on all screens.

Whichever 4pm English game is on has been punted. Natural order has been restored...

Edit: Missed Stevie Mallan's superstrike typing that. Fuxache...

Edited by Angusfifer

On 21/09/2019 at 08:00, eddiemunster said:

Because time is relative, although the actual measured time is consistent our own experiences of it vary due to loads of emotional and environmental elements.

For example, Stephen hawking felt he was having his teeth brushed for 2 hours when in fact it was really only 30 seconds.

Disgusting. Teeth should be brushed for a minimum of 2 minutes. 

9 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Update. 

Edinburgh derby now on all screens.

Whichever 4pm English game is on has been punted. Natural order has been restored...

Edit: Missed Stevie Mallan's superstrike typing that. Fuxache...

Pub I worked in had a rule that Scottish games would be on the big screen and have commentary. One afternoon Spurs were playing some shite and the Scottish game was Hearts v Celtic, the person I was working with was a Spurs fan so put big screen/commentary on for that, claimed that people had phoned and asked for it in advance which was complete bullshit. She said that the only reason I wanted the Celtic commentary on is because I'm a Celtic fan, ended up the whole pub apart from maybe 2 people watching the Celtic game on the smaller screens while about 3 watched Spurs. I was fucking raging as were all the other staff including Rangers fans and non football fans when they found out. 

4 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Pub I worked in had a rule that Scottish games would be on the big screen and have commentary. One afternoon Spurs were playing some shite and the Scottish game was Hearts v Celtic, the person I was working with was a Spurs fan so put big screen/commentary on for that, claimed that people had phoned and asked for it in advance which was complete bullshit. She said that the only reason I wanted the Celtic commentary on is because I'm a Celtic fan, ended up the whole pub apart from maybe 2 people watching the Celtic game on the smaller screens while about 3 watched Spurs. I was fucking raging as were all the other staff including Rangers fans and non football fans when they found out. 

Good.

1 hour ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I’ve had a chest infection and the cold since Friday and I can barely move from my bed. I can’t sleep because I need to lie straight with my head propped and I can only sleep facing my right. 

It’s the worst I can ever remember feeling. 

Coming from a Clyde fan that's saying something.

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I’ve had a chest infection and the cold since Friday and I can barely move from my bed. I can’t sleep because I need to lie straight with my head propped and I can only sleep facing my right. 

It’s the worst I can ever remember feeling. 

Got the lurgy too. Been banished to the spare room for last couple of nights so my coughing, cold sweats, snorting and spluttering doesn't disturb missus.