Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My work had a fire drill today and decided to pull folk (me, being one) up for not moving shitty paper cards from 'Out' to 'In' when we also clock in in the morning. Apparently its against company procedure and if the fire was real, they need that to know who is in the factory still. 

They never had an answer to "what happens if the fire is at the main door and you can't grab that organiser?" 

Nor did they want to answer "why is the back gate cable tied shut and a metal bar welded on to it to stop it opening, even if the cable tie was cut?" 

They even handed me and others our cards that we were supposed to move whilst saying "You're now dead". 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

My work had a fire drill today and decided to pull folk (me, being one) up for not moving shitty paper cards from 'Out' to 'In' when we also clock in in the morning. Apparently its against company procedure and if the fire was real, they need that to know who is in the factory still. 

They never had an answer to "what happens if the fire is at the main door and you can't grab that organiser?" 

Nor did they want to answer "why is the back gate cable tied shut and a metal bar welded on to it to stop it opening, even if the cable tie was cut?" 

They even handed me and others our cards that we were supposed to move whilst saying "You're now dead". 

Pretty sure this means you can stay off work until they declare you resurrected.

I’m dead now? Right then, that’s me away up the road to organise my funeral. See you the morn.

43 minutes ago, Dele said:

^^^The Dele.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Can I be your will's benefactor when you die in a fire waiting to clock out? 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Our muster point in the event of being evacuated out of the warehouse due to a fire is beside two massive fuel tanks. Genuinely. Fucking morons. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

Our muster point in the event of being evacuated out of the warehouse due to a fire is beside two massive fuel tanks. Genuinely. Fucking morons. 

Calling cards of morons for this pish

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

:lol:

If my work goes up, so would Stobbie and a fair chunk of the Hilltoon I'd guess. 

We'd call it regeneration. 

Edited by Dele

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I tried to read A Brief History Of Time once but got bored by the third page - does anyone know if Stephen Hawking explained why, on average, the minutes on break times at work go approximately 4 times faster than when you're working?

Douglas Adams did: "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so". 

6 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I tried to read A Brief History Of Time once but got bored by the third page - does anyone know if Stephen Hawking explained why, on average, the minutes on break times at work go approximately 4 times faster than when you're working?

It's similar to the time bending in the theory of relativity, where time passes more slowly with your relatives (Herring, Lee et all, 1993)

9 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Ad Lib started every sentence bar one on a recent interview I heard with him on Radio Scotland by saying "so". He spoke very well other than that, but it did make me cringe. It's really horrible.

So I think you’re being really unfair, actually.

14 hours ago, Rugster said:

@Ad Lib started every sentence bar one on a recent interview I heard with him on Radio Scotland by saying "so". He spoke very well other than that, but it did make me cringe. It's really horrible.

Strong advice needed imo