Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Moomintroll
I look like I’ve been battered today. Split lip from tasting some boiling sugar the other night then banged my head this morning and have a big egg over one eye. 
ETA: chipped a tooth too.
Your life truly seems to be a series of small calamaties at times, interspersed with a weary cat knocking crap out of a dumb hound that never learns it's lesson. How can you not know that boiling sugar tends to get a bit burny, that is Kirk Broadfoot levels of fuckwittery.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Naw. Too close to neighbours houses and been informed it goes fucking everywhere. 

I’m still scraping bits of paint off the kitchen window from when the missus sprayed our fence about 10 years ago. Painting is the way forward.

All inanimate objects that fcuk you up. Here’s an example. In a cupboard I have an old shoe box that contains various charger cables. IPad, phones, old-style i-Pod cable, Kindle, SLR camera... every time you open the box, the wee cnuts have tied themselves in knots. I never tied them together, never scrunched them together. Simply placed them back in the box. Reached in again, one big fcuking ball of cable emerged. Is it like Toy Story in that box? At night time they all wake from their slumber, play cards, chat about Brexit, and have an orgy?

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
26 minutes ago, Rugster said:
Encore?

Old School House in Aberdeen. Pissed off that I missed a film I wanted to see at Eden Court so I came over for the day. Does seem a bit Whetherspoony.

Aberdeen in general is bad for treks to the toilet. The Monkey House was awful. Called something else now but presumably still the same

Although only one flight of stairs on one drunken occasion I was in the Glentanar in Aberdeen. Went to toilets down stairs and when I came up the stairs was in completely different bar. Later discovered there is a lounge bar with entrance on one street ( Justice Mill Lane ), and a wee snug with an entrance on Holburn Street.

Similarly the Spirit Level and the Illicit Still both have two entrances on completely different streets and can confuse the drunk on their first visits as you try and figure out where you are when you leave.

Aberdeen has many confusing pubs

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

^^^^ Tom Sawyer found

^^^^ optimist expecting literary people on P&B found... or even those old enough to have seen the tv series in the 1980s! 

Having said that Tom Sawyer is quite a good read. And cheap too as Mr Clemens has been deid for over 100 years. 

7 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Not petty, fence painting.

I painted about 25% of the fence I have to paint yesterday. That took me about 6 hours. My hands are fucked.

Good luck with the high bits.

subbuteo.jpg.8aba390612e7187438e2ec3305d4d5f5.jpg

At least he now has his own Brockville Park to indulge his playing for Falkirk fantasies in. I just hope no-one mistakenly flicks to kick him.. 

4 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:
5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Pubs where you have to go up 2 flights of stairs for a pish.

^^^

A frequent visitor to Wetherspoons, Inverness.

Also the branch in Alloa.

Past a certain time of night, the locals just relieve themselves on the floor of the disabled facilities by the bar. Class.

11 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Although only one flight of stairs on one drunken occasion I was in the Glentanar in Aberdeen. Went to toilets down stairs and when I came up the stairs was in completely different bar. Later discovered there is a lounge bar with entrance on one street ( Justice Mill Lane ), and a wee snug with an entrance on Holburn Street.

Similarly the Spirit Level and the Illicit Still both have two entrances on completely different streets and can confuse the drunk on their first visits as you try and figure out where you are when you leave.

Aberdeen has many confusing pubs

making notes here.. Glentanar bar.. when it comes to my round... go to toilet down the stairs... escape through snug.... 

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

All inanimate objects that fcuk you up. Here’s an example. In a cupboard I have an old shoe box that contains various charger cables. IPad, phones, old-style i-Pod cable, Kindle, SLR camera... every time you open the box, the wee cnuts have tied themselves in knots. I never tied them together, never scrunched them together. Simply placed them back in the box. Reached in again, one big fcuking ball of cable emerged. Is it like Toy Story in that box? At night time they all wake from their slumber, play cards, chat about Brexit, and have an orgy?

nick some clips from the office (there's tons kicking about my office) and:

1588148796_bulldogclip.jpg.752041341a214c6bdb4f8ff6e923e89e.jpg

397255369_bulldogclip2.jpg.ebe6d2c39de4f346755e7c71f06d24b4.jpg