Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Golf courses where the 18th green is right beside the clubhouse. It gives the absolute fear and I end up just putting my way to the green lest I send a wayward approach shot spearing through the window. 
I came damned close to doing that at Hayston. Hit a snap hook that rattled off the clubhouse just inches to the side of a huge window. Luckily it was a weekday and it was quiet.

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

is this when we start talking about Hookers and oddly shaped balls

I played rugby for years as a youngster and had no clue about the rules or what was going on. It was like a silver spoon version of the casuals. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I played rugby for years as a youngster and had no clue about the rules or what was going on. It was like a silver spoon version of the casuals. 

ha exactly the same as me.   Grangemouth Rugby club came round my primary school when I was about 9. (Around the time Scotland were doing ok in the 5 nations 1984-86?) to get kids to come along an join their youth team.  I took the flyer thing home but had no intention of going, but as a stupid wee c*nt I put it behind a chest of drawers thinking no one would find it. .  My mum managed to find it and as shes one of those folk who gets caught up in any Scottish sporting moment she decided I was going.

So without me even playing the game in my life or knowing what was going on she'd bought me the full kit(w*nker) and boots and I was standing in a field on a Sunday morning wondering what the f*ck I was supposed to do.   She still tells the hilarious story about me running away from the ball and how my kit was cleaner than it was after playing.  I f*cking hated it but even more because I had no idea what was going on and had some ars*hole shouting at me various commands that I hadn't been explained.

I lasted about a month and then thankfully my mum realised it was a lost cause.   I would say, even back then, I remember thinking that the folk who frequented the rugby club were f*cking ars*holes(quite literally knowing some of the stuff rugby players get upto).

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I found myself making small talk with a friend of a friend at a soiree recently and while he seemed like a nice enough chap, he was boring the crap out of me with his rugger stories. In an effort to contribute something, anything to the conversation I mentioned that I'd played a bit at school. I also made it clear that I played because it was mandatory and stopped as soon as I was allowed. However, he's now convinced I want to take it up again and is desperately trying to recruit me to his team. There's nothing I can say or do to shake him of the idea but every time I see him, he lets me know that the season will be starting up soon, he's spoken with the captain and they'd love to see me at practice etc. etc.

I'm 57 years old, built like a stick insect and don't have time for the hobbies I enjoy. Why on earth would I want to take up rugby of all things?

Edited by Shotgun

9 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I found myself making small talk with a friend of a friend at a soiree recently and while he seemed like a nice enough chap, he was boring the crap out of me with his rugger stories. In an effort to contribute something, anything to the conversation I mentioned that I'd played a bit at school. I also made it clear that I played because it was mandatory and stopped as soon as I was allowed. However, he's now convinced I want to take it up again and is desperately trying to recruit me to his team. There's nothing I can say or do to shake him of the idea but every time I see him, he lets me know that the season will be starting up soon, he's spoken with the captain and they'd love to see me at practice etc. etc.

I'm 57 years old, built like a stick insect and don't have time for the hobbies I enjoy. Why on earth would I want to take up rugby of all things?

You're in the States? You'd probably get a game for their national team.

5 hours ago, peasy23 said:
6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:
Golf courses where the 18th green is right beside the clubhouse. It gives the absolute fear and I end up just putting my way to the green lest I send a wayward approach shot spearing through the window. 

I came damned close to doing that at Hayston. Hit a snap hook that rattled off the clubhouse just inches to the side of a huge window. Luckily it was a weekday and it was quiet.

That is an absolute arsehole of a hole.

Clubhouse left, OB right, and meant to be the easiest hole on the course! Although I'm pretty sure it's the only place I've been able to mark someone down for a 2 net 3.

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I don't think I have once ever managed to take the plastic wrapping of a mouthwash bottle without a battle. drives me bananas. and don't start me on toothpaste that has a wee bit of silver foil on the top after you take the lid off - invariably without any wee flap to get a grip of either.........

Likewise, ketchup bottles although they do have the flaps. And bottles of tonic water have a plastic cover over the lid that is disproportionately strong to it's size. If it doesn't have perforations then you're in for a battle.

ok this one might go under work colleagues, and again sorry if mentioned before, but this has happened just now(again) so sharing here...
A couple of times a week when I'm in the office I nip out for lunch and inevitably go for the Sainsburys/Asda etc lunch deal. So you get a 500ml bottle of juice or whatever.
Everytime I come back into the office some c*nt will say "dunno why you waste your money on that, you can get a 2 litre bottle for the same price", as if I'm going to come back from lunch  with a massive bottle of juice, stick it on my desk and guzzle my way through it, or wander about the office carrying it.
Same goes for the vending machine in our canteen. Yes I know you can get a 5 pack of Kit Kats for a £1 at the shops, and one single Kit Kat costs 70p out the machine...but I'm not at the f*cking shops am I, and its my money!
Every day school kids come back from lunch with 2 litre bottles of coke or irn bru, and a six pack of doughnuts.

It's insane. I can't tell if parents don't give a shit or just don't have a clue what's happening.

Presumably when they grow up they'll work in your office and point out the savings that could be made from bulk buying.

22 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Cash machines that ask you to press enter after entering your pin

In a similar vein, cash machines that offer you the option of cash with receipt or cash no receipt which, when choosing the latter, proceed to ask you if you'd like a receipt.

Guest Moomintroll
In a similar vein, cash machines that offer you the option of cash with receipt or cash no receipt which, when choosing the latter, proceed to ask you if you'd like a receipt.
And the cash machines that, no matter how many times you say no, still want to tell you your balance. I know there is next to hee haw in there, stop trying to remind me.

On 26/08/2019 at 21:02, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 26/08/2019 at 20:03, The_Kincardine said:
I'll have a quarter of lime in my Tanqueray 10 and Schweppes, please.

Tanqueray 10 is a truly tremendous Gin.

Did you sip the Tanqueray, and was your mind on your money and your mouth in the Gan-jay?