Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I only really noticed this last night watching the news and realised it annoyed me, but it's been going on since we started filming things.  News reporter will be interviewing someone, the camera will be fixed on the person being interviewed. Then, at any given random point, the camera will switch to the interviewer showing them slowly nodding along, even if whatever has been said doesn't require a nod of understanding. I know there's probably some wanky film makers reason for doing this, but it seems utterly pointless to me.

I can't find a proper gif of this happening, so here's one that sort of makes my point:

Image result for gif showing news reporter nodding

Is it not so the person being interviewed can pick their nose/wipe away a bogey/fix their mic/etc, or so the producer can snip together two separate pieces of the interview.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

On 27/08/2019 at 13:50, Dele said:

Smokers, but more so smokers that keep the last two draws of a fag by scraping it along the tarmac then putting it back in the packet. 

Throw the fucking thing away, you smelly b*****ds.

Could be a joint trying to save the weed.

Och aye the noo quite obviously means "Oh, yes, right now". As to how that became a cliched Scottish phrase I don't know. 

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:08, deej said:

Had a debate with the guy I'm next to at work about segregation - I think it's brilliant, how much better it is celebrating a last minute goal with 500 Saints fans all together in one corner of Easter Road instead of dotted about in a crowd of 15,000. 

His answer - nah it's better to get it right up them straight in their faces. 

Sounds really fucking friendly.

Genuine question here as I've never attended a live Rugby match.  When you are watching the live game from the stands, how much of the action can you see?  I've watched the odd game on TV and there appears to be long period of folk just jumping on top of each other adn then the ball suddenly appears, gets a bit exciting for abit and then theres more pile -ons.  Even on TV with the benefit of multiple camera angles, i struggle to follow.  If you are actually at the game can you see anything thats happening?  Seems like a loada sh*te to me.

3 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Genuine question here as I've never attended a live Rugby match.  When you are watching the live game from the stands, how much of the action can you see?  I've watched the odd game on TV and there appears to be long period of folk just jumping on top of each other adn then the ball suddenly appears, gets a bit exciting for abit and then theres more pile -ons.  Even on TV with the benefit of multiple camera angles, i struggle to follow.  If you are actually at the game can you see anything thats happening?  Seems like a loada sh*te to me.

You have to judge by the position of the players whats going on if you are behind the posts, they one thing they have over football is that the game is displayed on screens inside the stadium with multiple angles and they also show the video referee decisions in the stadium so unlike football you know whats going on. For everything else football is better, imagine having to be quiet so that someone could kick a ball when there is noone to save it and the posts are exactly the same as the ones they use to train with

ok this one might go under work colleagues, and again sorry if mentioned before, but this has happened just now(again) so sharing here...

A couple of times a week when I'm in the office I nip out for lunch and inevitably go for the Sainsburys/Asda etc lunch deal. So you get a 500ml bottle of juice or whatever.

Everytime I come back into the office some c*nt will say "dunno why you waste your money on that, you can get a 2 litre bottle for the same price", as if I'm going to come back from lunch  with a massive bottle of juice, stick it on my desk and guzzle my way through it, or wander about the office carrying it.

Same goes for the vending machine in our canteen. Yes I know you can get a 5 pack of Kit Kats for a £1 at the shops, and one single Kit Kat costs 70p out the machine...but I'm not at the f*cking shops am I, and its my money!

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

You have to judge by the position of the players whats going on if you are behind the posts, they one thing they have over football is that the game is displayed on screens inside the stadium with multiple angles and they also show the video referee decisions in the stadium so unlike football you know whats going on. For everything else football is better, imagine having to be quiet so that someone could kick a ball when there is noone to save it and the posts are exactly the same as the ones they use to train with

fair enough, but to me that feels bit like going to a live  music gig at Hampden and watching it on the big screen. 

Surely that's only true at the biggest of stadia though. How many rugby grounds in Scotland actually have big screens?

14 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
31 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Surely that's only true at the biggest of stadia though. How many rugby grounds in Scotland actually have big screens?

Surely no one is going to watch club rugby, even rugby fans don't watch club rugby.

29 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

fair enough, but to me that feels bit like going to a live  music gig at Hampden and watching it on the big screen. 

It is, but at least when it goes to VAR you know whats going on, in football you are left guessing and waiting.

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

A bit like watching golf, unless you're beside one of the greens. If you're at one of the tees then all you see is somebody hitting the ball off into the distance and walking away.

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Been to a couple of Scotland games at Murrayfield, first was a decent atmosphere, second was pish. Did end up watching a large chunk of the game on the screens as well. You know somethings happening as people actually take an interest and create a bit of noise. The rest of the time it's just conversation and murmuring, not unlike a large scale McDiarmid Park. 

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

A bit like watching golf, unless you're beside one of the greens. If you're at one of the tees then all you see is somebody hitting the ball off into the distance and walking away.

funnily enough thats another one I've wondered about...i kinda thought there must be loads of Beer tents to get pished to make it fun...can't understand the appeal otherwise.

2 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

.....and there appears to be long period of folk just jumping on top of each other adn then the ball suddenly appears, gets a bit exciting for abit and then theres more pile -ons.  Even on TV with the benefit of multiple camera angles, i struggle to follow.  

You sure you've been watching rugby and not Mrs @Bairnardo's home video of when the Dunfermline U20 side came round to visit her when he was away working?