Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Maybe doesn't get on my nerves, but it does annoy me.

The local Tesco store here in Accrington is on 2 levels linked by an escalator. A sign at top and bottom of said escalators advises customers that they will have to push their trolleys when they get to the end of the escalator.

I just have to remind myself I live in the north of England now.

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Maybe doesn't get on my nerves, but it does annoy me.

The local Tesco store here in Accrington is on 2 levels linked by an escalator. A sign at top and bottom of said escalators advises customers that they will have to push their trolleys when they get to the end of the escalator.

I just have to remind myself I live in the north of England now.

Trolleys on an escalator?

30 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t really know why this annoys me, but it does. Foreign footballers who are given (what seems to me) stupid nicknames. When a commentator says that so-and-so is nicknamed ‘The little grasshopper’ or suchlike, back in their native Peru / Ecuador / Chile / delete as appropriate, then something inside me says ‘away and shite’. Can imagine this starting up in Scotland. Kieran Tierney ‘The Little Traitor’. Mark Yardley ‘The Big Breakfast’.... just wouldn’t work. All these Latin countries with their ‘The Little Sparrow’ pish.... 

I definitely need a lie down.

Ian (Jobby) McCall 

Don’t really know why this annoys me, but it does. Foreign footballers who are given (what seems to me) stupid nicknames. When a commentator says that so-and-so is nicknamed ‘The little grasshopper’ or suchlike, back in their native Peru / Ecuador / Chile / delete as appropriate, then something inside me says ‘away and shite’. Can imagine this starting up in Scotland. Kieran Tierney ‘The Little Traitor’. Mark Yardley ‘The Big Breakfast’.... just wouldn’t work. All these Latin countries with their ‘The Little Sparrow’ pish.... 

Dougie shat himself in high school Imrie

33 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Trolleys on an escalator?

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Think he means a travelator. 

If not, the worlds fucked.

Point taken.

I should have said Travelator.

Well spotted - I was just seeing if anyone was paying attention.

6 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Some twat from chinese restaurant managed somehow to break my letterbox flap by posting a leaflet through.
Cant prove anything for definite but its cost me £15 and hassle.
No junk mail means no junk mail
English mofo do you read it?

Hmmm...

Andy 'Andy Goram' Goram

Andy 'Andy Goram' Goram
Ah le cochan volant if in France.

Except he fucked off on us on the eve of France 98 and didnt leave the other one behind.
Arseholes

48 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Some twat from chinese restaurant managed somehow to break my letterbox flap by posting a leaflet through.

If I was still doing the odd leaflet drop, I'd definitely double up for folk with a folded up bit of A4 with "NO  junk mail" sign. Breaking the mailbox seems a bit much, but only a bit. 

37 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Building a sleeper wall in my garden and trapped my finger between two sleepers. Ya b*****d that hurt.

Wait till the wife sees the swollen fingers you’ll be laughing. 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Then get a proper ' letterbox flap' ya fucking imbecile.

I can't be the only one on here who hopes that a boat from China sails up The Forth to Rosyth and sends a few volleys across your house. Mon the Chinese Junk:

junk.JPG.38c80f005eee7da3d94b74fadc77378e.JPG