Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

60kph on a 50.  Hardly Stirling Moss.  I know where it was as I saw the flash from the camera sneakily hidden behind a tree. 
Another one of their favourites I noticed was cameras directly hidden behind the signs dropping from one speed to another. 

I hope they invest it wisely.  In some fucking signs telling you what the speed limit is on any given road, for example.

Didn’t take much for your story to fall apart, hopefully not a lawyer...
Anyway, just ignore it and don’t go back to France? f**k them.

Tell them they weren't complaining when we were speeding after Germans for them.

It’s a fucking disgrace that DVLA makes so much money from other countries and rogue fucking supermarket car park companies. Boils my piss. Far better to be Mr Scumbag and not register your car or insure it or MOT it.
It also boils my piss that my own honesty and respect for the law prevents me from doing the same as Scumbag.

24 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Didn’t take much for your story to fall apart, hopefully not a lawyer...
Anyway, just ignore it and don’t go back to France? f**k them.

I know what speed I was doing when it flashed me, and I found out the speed limit afterwards.  On a sign about 3 miles down the road.  

Paid it already.  I may want to go back at some point. 

Got home from France yesterday to find that my speeding fine had arrived before me.  €90.  f**k sake. 
The strong pound means that's about... £85

57 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I know what speed I was doing when it flashed me, and I found out the speed limit afterwards.  On a sign about 3 miles down the road.  

Paid it already.  I may want to go back at some point. 

Presumably not for any football.

Got home from France yesterday to find that my speeding fine had arrived before me.  €90.  f**k sake. 
Get a photo of the fine up on twitter complaining about the EU, how this would never happen in Britain, mention Brexit, tag Farage et al. 4000 guaranteed likes.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Tell them they weren't complaining when we were speeding after Germans for them.

Why do the French plant trees at the side of the road? 

So the Germans can march in the shade...

Spoiler

677111660_ottovoncat.jpg.ac38688b64829069377cad10ad3f07cb.jpg

Otto von Katt likes this. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

There appears to be a new fad of utterly shite and unknown football teams spending what seems like thousands of pounds on state of the art dressing rooms. This could probably be put in the Calling Cards of Morons thread too, but it has annoyed me no end.

Just look at this from some League One mob:

DjtEhD2WwAE0dot?format=jpg&name=small

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

There appears to be a new fad of utterly shite and unknown football teams spending what seems like thousands of pounds on state of the art dressing rooms. This could probably be put in the Calling Cards of Morons thread too, but it has annoyed me no end.

At least they don’t have coach seats, seatbelt clips and everything, as dugouts..

Don’t really know why this annoys me, but it does. Foreign footballers who are given (what seems to me) stupid nicknames. When a commentator says that so-and-so is nicknamed ‘The little grasshopper’ or suchlike, back in their native Peru / Ecuador / Chile / delete as appropriate, then something inside me says ‘away and shite’. Can imagine this starting up in Scotland. Kieran Tierney ‘The Little Traitor’. Mark Yardley ‘The Big Breakfast’.... just wouldn’t work. All these Latin countries with their ‘The Little Sparrow’ pish.... 

I definitely need a lie down.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t really know why this annoys me, but it does. Foreign footballers who are given (what seems to me) stupid nicknames. When a commentator says that so-and-so is nicknamed ‘The little grasshopper’ or suchlike, back in their native Peru / Ecuador / Chile / delete as appropriate, then something inside me says ‘away and shite’. Can imagine this starting up in Scotland. Kieran Tierney ‘The Little Traitor’. Mark Yardley ‘The Big Breakfast’.... just wouldn’t work. All these Latin countries with their ‘The Little Sparrow’ pish.... 

I definitely need a lie down.

Lee McCullough 'The Fiddler'

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I always thought he was ‘carthorse’ or ‘elbows’. You learn something new everyday.

He passed that moniker on to Mark Connolly upon taking him under his flailing elbows when he got a gig coaching at Tannadice.