Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Are you talking absolute mess that can't get out of bed, can't eat and most likely calls in work sick on Monday too?

Well yeah that is pathetic also but just so you’re at the point of lying about the house unable to do anything and feeling that you need a lazy day to recover from it all. I’m obviously talking about the mrs who was out until about 1 last night after going out for tapas with work, all plans for today cancelled and I have to look after the wee one all by myself. I’m not doing any nagging myself but I can imagine there being a different reaction if it was me who was out drinking and dumping responsibilities on her!

Hungover people are truly repugnant.
Hangovers are just awful, a light hangover where you just need some square sausage on a roll and an irn bru, yeah fine but nah just bad.

Stoneovers are good through, cannae beat having all the household chores done by 1pm when you've been in a floaty dream like haze aw morning.

Well yeah that is pathetic also but just so you’re at the point of lying about the house unable to do anything and feeling that you need a lazy day to recover from it all. I’m obviously talking about the mrs who was out until about 1 last night after going out for tapas with work, all plans for today cancelled and I have to look after the wee one all by myself. I’m not doing any nagging myself but I can imagine there being a different reaction if it was me who was out drinking and dumping responsibilities on her!

Man up, take the bairn to the fringe, sit outside & get blazing, roles reversed tomorrow & see how she likes it! Just make sure not to leave the kid with strangers.

People who have children shouldn't be allowed to go out drinking.

Like i know this couple who do weekend turnabout of who looks after the child and who gets out to the clubs till 3am. What in the actual Christ. Every single weekend, how much resentment must be there when both parties clearly must think "i wish this was my weekend to go get smashed".

Strange way to live.

24 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Was in the supermarket earlier. Catch sight of a family of four dressed head to toe in Celtic gear. One in full kit.

Celtic were playing a game at the time.

Coupled with the fact that this was in Hamilton means that there's not enough facepalm gifs in the world to sum it up.

Have to say full kit wankers are annoying

2 hours ago, throbber said:

So now we know what inspired your initial post on this subject with the reference to repugnant!   (Previous page - about 4 hours ago)

;)

I had a great day with my daughter tbh and got a good few beers out of it whilst the mrs lay in the wanking chariot feeling sorry for herself.

Don’t agree that parents shouldn’t go out drinking though, so long as it’s not every weekend then it’s fair game so long as someone’s there to look after the wee one. I just prefer drinking during the day rather than being out after work until midnight and later, that’s probably why I don’t get hangovers as I always have time to sleep it off.

Are you talking absolute mess that can't get out of bed, can't eat and most likely calls in work sick on Monday too?

Is there any other kind?

If it's not affecting anyone else's plans it's sometimes brilliant to have a reset day or two. No eating until like 7pm when Dominos or Chinese get a call. And crack open any beer left in the fridge!

Best part of a hangover wearing off is knowing this is going to happen.

Drunk folk are worse.

When i’m drunk, drunk folk are ok. When i am sober they can all get in the sea.

Are you sure it’s a hangover and not just guilt from getting pumped by one of her work colleagues?

Getting drunk and requiring a full day to recover when you’ve got a child is pretty selfish behaviour.

I also know some people with children who do the “it’s my weekend to get drunk” thing, seems bizarre to me. If you have a child your life is going to change, you have responsibility for your child and that takes precedence. I can’t stand hearing parents talk with something approaching pride about how they fobbed their kid off onto s grandparent or aunt so they could go and drink.

It’s probably to do with the drink obsessed culture we have, or more accurately a drunk-obsesssed culture, where people in their 30s and 40s drink like 16 year olds and boast about getting drunk.

The only answer is to bring back hanging, the birch and cold showers in school IMO.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Getting drunk and requiring a full day to recover when you’ve got a child is pretty selfish behaviour.

I also know some people with children who do the “it’s my weekend to get drunk” thing, seems bizarre to me. If you have a child your life is going to change, you have responsibility for your child and that takes precedence. I can’t stand hearing parents talk with something approaching pride about how they fobbed their kid off onto s grandparent or aunt so they could go and drink.

It’s probably to do with the drink obsessed culture we have, or more accurately a drunk-obsesssed culture, where people in their 30s and 40s drink like 16 year olds and boast about getting drunk.

The only answer is to bring back hanging, the birch and cold showers in school IMO.

If you’re doing it regularly maybe then yeah, but I think the above is incredibly self-righteous if you’re saying parents having grandparents look after their child for a night so they can go out is something you “can’t stand”.

Once you have a child, should you never leave the house again unless it’s with your child to do a daytime activity?