Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 06/08/2019 at 08:36, TheScarf said:

Stupid throwback definition from Northsound aside, that song has to be one of the worst I've ever heard.  There seems to be a worrying trend these days of obese bearded men who look like they worship Eminem singing these profound song and lyrics.  Fucking horrific genre and gimmick.

He was a London rapper before he was a crooner

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The fact that Lower London Road is the worst dug toilet in Edinburgh is a petty thing that gets on my nerves. 

Nothing petty about having to watch where you put your feet because of dugshite all over the place.

18 hours ago, ICTChris said:

When I was a kid I used to listen to \Moray Firth Radio on a Friday night as people from my school would write in and make requests and stuff like that.  It was fairly geeky but seemed like a really, really shit early version of social media.  Once, the presenter that usually did it couldn't make it in and was replaced at the very last minute by someone who obviously had no idea what to do so got people to phone in and make their best animal noises down the phone.  So the programme consisted of your average mid 90s chart pop interspersed with drunk Invernessians phoning in going "MOOOOOOOOOOOO" or "NEIGHHHHHHH" down the phone lines.  A unique radio experience.

Ahhh Love Lines on a Friday night. Great crack "Emma b loves S.I.P, Jason loves zoe, FUCKING c***s!!"

Then 3 seconds as the host scrambles to cut off the caller " this is unacceptable people,  your jeopardising Love Lines for all the real callers,  grow up. Now to John from culloden, john?" - "hi I'd just like to say SUCK MY FUCKING COCK!!"

Every single Friday without fail. Halcyon days.

10 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Ahhh Love Lines on a Friday night. Great crack "Emma b loves S.I.P, Jason loves zoe, FUCKING c***s!!"

Then 3 seconds as the host scrambles to cut off the caller " this is unacceptable people,  your jeopardising Love Lines for all the real callers,  grow up. Now to John from culloden, john?" - "hi I'd just like to say SUCK MY FUCKING COCK!!"

Every single Friday without fail. Halcyon days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEkB25V_ow8

BBC News started it - then Sky News followed it up.

Now it's a headlining item on Channel 4 news.

What am I on about?

Some fucking scientist has said that if you just stare at a seagull they won't steal your chips.

I would like to see someone try that in Inverness High Street - they'd get their fucking fingers bitten off.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What am I on about?

Some fucking scientist has said that if you just stare at a seagull they won't steal your chips.

I would like to see someone try that in Inverness High Street - they'd get their fucking eyes pecked out and their phone pinched.

FTFY

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, BigBo10 said:

Am I correct in recalling the same thing happened a few years later on the Saturday morning programme Phillip Schoefield (apologies for spelling) when some band were asked why they were so f*****g crap?

51 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

FTFY

There used to a seagull in Inverness that furtively hung around the pedestrian crossing between Ingles St and Falcon Square. When it heard the beep beep sound from the crossing lights it would strut across the road with the pedestrians and head towards that Pizza place in the square. 

I often wondered why it didn't just fly across the road, but it was clearly happy enough just to walk across whenever the green man was showing.

Clever c***s, seagulls...

43 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Am I correct in recalling the same thing happened a few years later on the Saturday morning programme Phillip Schoefield (apologies for spelling) when some band were asked why they were so f*****g crap?

41 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Also : Matt Bianco,  bunch of wankers. 

https://youtu.be/NEkB25V_ow8

There used to a seagull in Inverness that furtively hung around the pedestrian crossing between Ingles St and Falcon Square. When it heard the beep beep sound from the crossing lights it would strut across the road with the pedestrians and head towards that Pizza place in the square. 
I often wondered why it didn't just fly across the road, but it was clearly happy enough just to walk across whenever the green man was showing.
Probably to fat to fly

4 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There was one in Aberdeen that stole a packet of cool original doritos from the same shop every day after figuring out the automatic door. 

Iirc it was in the early days of social media and was an early viral video. He would have got on I'm a celebrity nowadays and been one of the clever ones. 

13 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What am I on about?

I would like to see someone try that in Inverness High Street - they'd get their fucking Chihuahua stolen

Indeed.

Guest Moomintroll

People with an IP Address in Salford who seem determined to hack my account. What are they hoping to post that is worse than the shite I already spout?