Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Not being able to buy alcohol in Scotland between 10pm-10am is a joke and the law should be changed immediately.

Its strange how you can see pished jaikies at any time of the day but respectable folk cannot enjoy a small tipple on a hot sunny day.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m not as bothered about stopping selling it at 10pm for a few hours but what’s the point in having to wait til 10 am to buy it in the morning?

It’s to allow kids in Greenock to get into school sober.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Its strange how you can see pished jaikies at any time of the day but respectable folk cannot enjoy a small tipple on a hot sunny day.

'Hot sunny days' generally occur between the hours of 10am and 10pm in Scotland.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

How many hot sunny days are there between the hours of 10pm and 10am?

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m not as bothered about stopping selling it at 10pm for a few hours but what’s the point in having to wait til 10 am to buy it in the morning? Lots of people do their shopping and early and it’s a good time to stock up on booze when the shops are quiet. I wanted to buy a crate of beer and a few bottles of wine for my visit to my parents who don’t live anywhere near a big supermarket yesterday and it hit home what a stupid law it was. Almost as stupid as being told you can’t have a beer at the football because of a few idiots actions back in 1980.

Stratfords Bar in Gorgie opens at 6am throbbs. Good crowd in there pre-9am. 

We like going for our food shopping early on a Saturday or Sunday and it’s frustrating not to be able to buy alcohol at the same time.

That said it’s a minor inconvenience and there are bigger social issue that take priority. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

'Hot sunny days' generally occur between the hours of 10am and 10pm in Scotland.

How would a tink from Greenock know about hot sunny days? The population there have gills.

Four wood pigeons seem to have taken up residence in the garden. When they're not eating plants or trying to hump or fight each other they are shitting all over the place. Ever seen the size of a wood pigeon shite? Size of a dachshund. Not a dachshund's shit, an actual dachshund. Vermin.

5 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Four wood pigeons seem to have taken up residence in the garden. When they're not eating plants or trying to hump or fight each other they are shitting all over the place. Ever seen the size of a wood pigeon shite? Size of a dachshund. Not a dachshund's shit, an actual dachshund. Vermin.

One of those kites that look like a hawk should get rid of them.

Or watching old Road Runner cartoons might give you some ideas..

10 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Neighbour has the kite hawk and it seems these pigeons have sussed it out!

Right, off to order the Acme Corporation mail order catalogue. 

Guest Moomintroll

Are you enjoying your 4am alarm calls as well? For some weird reason, the ones that torment me seem to enjoy crapping all over my food waste bin.

14 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Have you seen the Jambos have two of them sticking out of the main stand? Looks tinpot as f**k. 

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have you seen the Jambos have two of them sticking out of the main stand? Looks tinpot as f**k. 

They used to have a wee plastic owl too. 

The owl at Forfar is depicted sitting on a log and looks like it came from the nearest garden centre...

6 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Are you enjoying your 4am alarm calls as well? For some weird reason, the ones that torment me seem to enjoy crapping all over my food waste bin.

They've given the early alarm calls to a bloody owl. They crap on the all the bins though. It's like there's a target only wood pigeons can see. Usually splattered dead centre. Their latest 'trick' is to perch on the ledge at the garage and shit their load. Try getting in there without squelching in their crap.  

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

It's to annoy Throbber, who has to clean off the mess before he goes delving inside.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

They used to have a wee plastic owl too. 

The owl at Forfar is depicted sitting on a log and looks like it came from the nearest garden centre...

The old PA boy at East End would just shoot them with an air rifle.